This list of the best 2 person tents contains a shelter that will keep you safe and comfortable while you enjoy your camping or other adventure.
Nothing comes close to having the wild all to yourselves when venturing outdoors as a couple or with a friend, but you do need a good shelter to get the most out of your time.
The good thing about 2 person tents is that they are the real game-changer when it comes to going light and fast. And the best part? Well, they still deliver all the comforts you would expect from a tent.
Besides being comfortable, durable, and able to provide good overall performance, it should be solid and reliable. After all, mother nature tends to deliver some unexpected surprises when you least expect it.
The best you can hope for is a robust tent that can keep you safe and comfortable when outdoors, but without bogging you down along the way.
Buyers Guide To Choosing The Best 2 Person Tent
Portability and storage
Portability should be easy and for a 2 person tent, it shouldn’t be too big and cumbersome. There are several factors at play here, from the weight to the size of the tent once it’s packed, as well as whether it comes with a carry bag.
If you want to have an easy time along the way, then it is crucial that you consider getting a tent that is of reasonable and manageable weight that won’t bog you down, or take up all the space for your gear.
Storage in a dry area is also a crucial consideration when not in use so being able to store the tent in a small area is also another pleasant feature.
There is nothing more uncomfortable than spending an afternoon in a tent without a sufficient flow of fresh air, but there’s even more to ventilation than just that, which is where the need for ventilation really comes in.
The last thing anyone wants when sleeping in a tent is waking up to frozen condensation on the inside. And it all comes down to how well your tent is ventilated, so don’t take chances.
Tents are made from many different materials and designs which give us a massive choice but if you are in a hot environment you need to be sure that the tent you buy but will allow that pleasant feeling of air flowing through.
This is big! you definitely loathe the idea of waking up to your gear sitting in puddles of water or simply being cold because the shelter did not perform well enough to resist the rain.
Whether or not you and your gear stay bone-dry through a night of torrential rainfall comes down to how well your tent can hold up. So be sure to keep an eye out for the floor design, rainfly material, and even the tent body itself.
If there is one thing I would suggest to anyone buying a 3 season tent for general camping and hiking getaways, (and probably most tents) is to purchase and apply a good coating of a waterproofing agent over all seams and joins and if you can, do the whole tent.
Ease of setup
No matter how bad you want a solid tent that will offer you a reliable home out in the wild, you don’t have to settle for one that takes hours to pitch.
Thankfully, there are plenty of good quality robust tents out there that are super easy to set up. After a long hike or just setting up at dusk being able to establish a camp quickly is a pleasant experience.
You might have to dig deeper into your pocket to own the perfect setup but if you buy smart you should have a tent that you can count on for many years, you’ll be glad you did.
Let’s Jump Right Into Our List
1.Big Agnes Copper Spur HV Expedition Mountaineering Tent
- Four-way high-volume hub construction for extra strength and space
- Quick Stash doorkeeper makes stowing your unzipped door easy and fast
- Steep wall design help increase the interior living space
- Made of robust DAC NSL pole system to withstand rough weather
- Waterproof floor and rain fly at 1,200mm and 10,000mm respectively
- Easy up, easy down and fast to pitch too
- Slight condensation inside if the temperatures drop too low
First impression: A lightweight yet robust, tent weighing 5.5 lbs that is comfortable to sleep in on those chilly nights, or just relax in during the day,
The durable polyester fabric tent has a floor area of 29 sq ft and its high tenacity rip-stop design is one of the most outstanding features in this tent.
Then there is the closable ceiling vent/window, which doubles a venting system and a large vestibule area of 9 sq ft allows for heaps of storage.
The impressive tear strength, the fabric also boasts a remarkable UV resistance that means in terms of durability you’ll be using it for years.
The poles are made with a large diameter design, combined with a bomber architecture that allows them to weather mountain winds as well as snow load and remain standing.
Then there’s the Dominico undyed polyester Fly that weighs in at 3 lb 1 oz, which is also ripstop and made using high tenacity yarns for increased strength at up to 20-25% higher than the standard nylon.
Other great features
Such as the seam-taped design and a solvent-free polyurethane tape help make it waterproof. It packs real small at only 8inches by 18 inches.
Its 2 doors are large enough for easy in/out access, and also feature a dual zipper design for even easier entrance and better protection.
We Rated This Product 4.7 From 5 Stars
2.Kelty Dirt Motel 3 Season Lightweight Tent
- Great stargazing experience with the roll-up fly
- Included in the package is a Kelty’s Shark mouth stuff sack
- Sufficient ventilation to keep you cool and reduce condensation
- The strong frame and fabric materials for high performance and durability
- Exceptionally sufficient head and shoulder room
- Freestanding design allows you flexibility after set up
- At 5 pounds 6 ounces, it’s not an excessively heavy tent, although it can be a bit heavy for some
First impression: For yet another tent that has a lot to offer, check out this Kelty Dirt Motel.
One of the features I loved the most about this tent is the frame, which includes compact DAC press-fit poles as well as two hubbed poles and a ridge pole. This construction helps create vertical walls that offer great living space inside.
And measuring 84 inches by 50 inches, and with a peak height of 42.5 inches, you can bet it has enough room to cater for the two of you and some gear in there.
And there are two vented vestibules, offering a combined space of up to 18 square feet.
While still at it
It’s worth noting that this tent also features a freestanding design, which allows you to pitch the tent and then move it to find the best spot to spend the night.
You can’t go wrong with the 70D nylon floor, which delivers an awesome 3000 mm water resistance. Then there’s the rainfly, which is made of 40-denier siliconized ripstop nylon with a 1500 mm water resistance.
You can roll up a portion of it and secure it using simple clips, leaving a great view of the starry sky above as well as enhancing the ventilation.
The fly isn’t the only way you can enjoy great ventilation with this tent, you can also make the most of the no-see-um mesh walls, which take ventilation to a whole new level while keeping out those tiny crawlers.
For privacy and flexibility, this tent is equipped with two doors, which also make entering and exiting the tent super easy and convenient.
We Rated This Product 4.7 From 5 Stars
3.ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 2-Person Tent
- This tent comes equipped with durable #8 zippers, gear loft and storage pockets
- It also comes with guy ropes and aluminum stakes
- Spacious interior, measuring 5 feet by 7feet 6 inches, with a center height of 46 inches
- Factory-sealed seams help offer extra protection from the weather
- It has 20 square feet of vestibule space for extra storage
- Weighing only 5.9 pounds, it’s not as lightweight as some other tents here, but still light enough
- Measuring 60x90x46 inches, it is quite a large tent to easy storage
- The fly is sometimes hard to unzip.
First impression: For yet another ALPS Mountaineering experience, here’s the Lynx 2-person tent.
And just like the other ALPS tents we’ve listed here, this one too takes away the frustration of assembling your tent, thanks to its freestanding design along with the two-pole architecture.
This design includes clips that you can snap over the tent’s aluminum poles, fast and easy. With the set up over and done with, the other thing you should be thinking about is just how comfortable it can get in there.
Well, turns out, ALPS has also thought over that as well, which is why this tent comes equipped with a coated floor made of 75D 185T poly taffeta with up to 2000mm waterproof coating, which helps keep you dry even during wet weather.
While the protection from the rain can be an enticing prospect, the idea of spending the night in a tent without sufficient airflow definitely isn’t.
ALPS has considered that as well, which is why this tent comes fitted with half mesh walls for sufficient ventilation.
But that’s not all; it also has other great ventilation areas such as the two doors, which, by the way, also make access in and out of the tent super easy.
We Rated This Product 4.7 From 5 Stars
4.Eureka Apex 2XT 2-Person 3-Season Tent
- A strong 75D nylon floor offers a great deal of weather protection
- Strong fiberglass pole material withstands quite a beating from the wind
- It packs considerably small for a tent its size, folding down to 18.5 inches by 6 inches
- It is a freestanding style tent for easy setup and you can move it around once up
- Sufficient floor and vestibule volume for accommodating you and your gear
- There are dual mesh interior pockets too for extra storage
- The seams are not taped, which could mean reduced weather protection
- At 6 pounds 5 ounces, it can be a bit hefty for some
First impression: For a tent that combines lightweight design and reliable performance, consider this Eureka Apex.
The living space is one of the features that we love about this tent, as it is spacious enough for two with its 36.5 square foot floor area.
And that’s not the only space you get with this tent, as it also sports vestibules on each side, with each of them packing in up to 6.7 square feet of space.
The center height is also worth mentioning, since standing at 43.5 inches, this tent is high enough to allow you to move around inside without having to bend too much for comfort.
For the much-needed ventilation, you can count on the great ventilation of this tent, thanks to a no-see-um mesh wall on one side, which ensures an unmatched airflow.
This doesn’t mean you have to worry about the rain, as this wall is protected by the rainfly, thus keeping you dry. Protection from the weather is an important factor you have to consider when it comes to tents.
And with this Eureka’s polyester bathtub floor design, you get impressive weather protection. Also, it has a double-coated 75D nylon StormShield fly that adds to its weather protection.
We Rated This Product 4.6 From 5 Stars
5.Big Agnes Copper Hotel HV UL Tent
- A quick stash on the tent body for fast, easy stowing of the unzipped door
- Great star gazing experience with the two-tone mesh
- Ultralight design, weighing only 3.13 pounds, makes transportation of your tent easy
- 4-way high volume pole design for a roomier interior
- Interior netted pockets for your handy items
- Getting in and out of the tent can be a bit hard
First impression: Planning a backpacking trip? Then this could be the tent to bring along. It’s tough and comfortable, and above all, built to last.
To begin with the weatherproof construction, this tent’s fly and floor feature silicone treated as well as proprietary patterned ripstop nylon.
This durable material is coated with an impressive 1200mm waterproof polyurethane for ultimate performance.
For more durability
These two sections feature a high tenacity yarn as well as a high filament count, designed for increasing the fabric tear strength by up to 25% while cutting weight and enhancing water resistance.
Then there’s the comfort part, which is where the breathable polyester mesh in this tent plays a major part by keeping the interior cool and preventing condensation.
For convenience, this tent comes with two doors and a two-tone mesh that enhances privacy while giving you an awesome star gazing transparency.
Storage for your items shouldn’t be a problem with this one, it has two vestibules with zippers on each door, which actually feature storm flaps on their zippers.
Besides, there’s a massive ceiling pocket that you can use as extra storage for your gear.
The other features that we can’t overlook include the DAC Featherlite NFL pole system and ultralight plastic clips that attach the tent to the pole frame. Also, all its seams are taped for ultimate waterproof performance.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
6.Coleman Sundome Tent
- Measuring 7 feet by 5 feet, the interior is very roomy
- The 4 feet center height allows you to walk comfortably inside
- Easy to set up, usually taking only about 10 minutes
- Comes with a 75D polyester taffeta flysheet
- Also comes with a carry bag for easy transportation and storage
- The floor is made of heavy-duty tarp
- A large screen panel on the ceiling offers a great view without the fly
- The zippers aren’t as tough as they should be for a tent this strong
- At 6.38 pounds, it might be a tad heavy for some
- It comes with generic thin steel stakes, would be better with stronger ones
First impression: It’s a brand we’ve all come to know and love for their great outdoor gear, and this tent seems to pack quite a punch when it comes to keeping you safe in the outdoors.
Among the features that make this tent a go-to option for many is the weatherproof construction with the welded corners as well as inverted seams that help keep rainwater out.
Also, it has a robust polyester taffeta 7D rainfly for that extra protection from the weather.
And there’s more
As it also comes with a strong frame that has been tested and proven to withstand winds up to well over 35 mph and rough rainy conditions.
For convenience, you have the E-port that this tent comes with to allow you to connect electric power inside your tent and enjoy a great deal of entertainment.
Ventilation is the other important bit that you have to be on the lookout for when deciding which tent to go for, and this one packs in lots of that thanks to its large windows. It also features ground vent for that extra airflow.
Storage for your gear shouldn’t be a problem, as this tent also comes with enough mesh pockets that are sewn into its walls, which do a great job when it comes to keeping your items safely off the ground, and conveniently out of the way.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
7.ALPS Mountaineering Extreme 2-Person Tent
- A mesh roof vent adds to the great deal of ventilation that this tent offers
- Its 7000 series aluminum poles offer a great combination of lightweight and performance
- It is very weatherproof with factory sealed seams design and 75D 185T polyester fly make
- The floor features a 75D 185T Poly Taffeta material, with up to 3000mm coating
- There are lots of gear storage spaces and options in there
- Color-coded pole clips and matching gourmets make the set up a breeze
- Weighing up to 7lbs. 4 oz., it is a bit on the heavy
First impression: If you are an avid outdoors person, then chances are, you’ve used an ALPS Mountaineering tent before. And if you haven’t then this could be a great start to experiencing firsthand what the manufacturer has to offer.
And right off the bat, ALPS seems to ensure you don’t have to struggle with the assembly, thanks to this tent’s three-pole aluminum architecture, along with its freestanding design, which is ideal for easy setup.
Once you have your tent set and ready for the night, the roomy interior is the next thing you get to love about this tent. With a base size of 35 square feet and a center height of up to 42 inches, you can bet you’ll be comfy in there.
There’s even more space for your stuff, which is where the mesh storage pockets and vestibules come into play, speaking of which, the vestibule space is up to 29 square feet.
Doesn’t have to be a challenge since this tent comes with fly vents as well as zippered mesh windows that give you the flexibility you need while still ensuring you can keep the interior comfortable and free of condensation.
You should also love the other great features that this tent comes with, which include the aluminum stakes, guy ropes, a UV and water-resistant tent fly, and #8 zippers.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
8.MSR Elixir 2-Person Lightweight Tent
- Unique pole geometry for optimized of headroom
- Sufficient space in the built-in gear lofts for your valuable items
- Included footprint for set up flexibility and extra protection
- Two doors for easy entry and exit
- Color-coded poles with clips and webbing make set up easy
- Just the right combination of mesh and solid fabric panels for comfort
- While the ventilation might be sufficient in warm conditions, it makes the interior chilly in the mornings and evenings.
First impression: Of course we aren’t going to leave this one out; it’s lightweight, spacious, and solid just enough to keep you safe from the elements.
To begin with, one of the features that you can really count on in this tent, the freestanding design comes in handy if you ever want to move your tent around to find that sweet spot even after setting it up.
For a combination of privacy, ventilation as well as warmth, it comes with both mesh and solid fabric panels that offer a great deal of awesome experience in different weather conditions.
For your gear is also taken care of thanks to the built-in gear lofts that allow you to store your stuff safely off the ground and well-organized. There’s also enough space in there for two, thanks to the freestanding design of this tent.
To make entry and exit easy, there are two doors, not forgetting that the zippers feature impressive glow-in-the-dark pulls that make life a little easier for you.
The other features that make this tent really worth the money include a waterproof rainfly that helps keep you dry even during the wet weather. Also included is a footprint, which helps protect your investment.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
9.Eureka! Timberline SQ Three-Season Tent
- Great ventilation to keep you feeling comfortable
- Sufficient interior room for convenience
- Enough space for your gear in the vestibules
- Its A-frame is built for stability and strength
- Easy in and out thanks to the large D-style doors
- It’s a little on the heavy, so you might have to split the load with your partner
First impression: For another Eureka experience, check out this Timberline three-season backpacking tent.
First off is the full coverage fly that offers complete protection from the elements, especially rain. More importantly, it also creates up to 10.6 square feet of front vestibule that you can use for storing your wet boots, cookware, and other gear.
This tent is built with DAC DA17 aluminum alloy poles that make the frame robust and at the same time, lightweight.
More quality materials
The fabric itself is also great, but what really makes this tent an enticing choice for just about any camper is the ventilation.
Thanks to its High/Low vent, this tent keeps fresh air flowing in to keep you comfortable even when camping during warm weather.
But this doesn’t mean its performance is any bit less impressive during the cold weather, as a 3-season tent, it’s built to keep you comfortable while out there, almost all-year-round.
Space is one of those features that truly matter here, and this tent offers sufficient space at an impressive 35.7 square foot of interior space.
Other great features include the two large D-style doors, as well as large windows, which allow you to enjoy great flow and ease of entry and exit, as well as a great view of the surroundings.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
10.Marmot Limelight 2 Person Camping Tent w/Footprint
- It comes with a footprint for additional protection from the ground and water
- The floor features a seam-taped and catenary-cut design for extra water protection
- It has vents on the roof and the sides for ultimate breathability and reducing condensation
- Sets up in minutes and is just as easy to take down once the camping is over
- Robust materials withstand fierce winds and keep you dry during rainy weather
- This tent would still be great with a gear loft, which it doesn’t come with anymore. However, Marmot sew in loops that enable you to add a gear loft if necessary
- Measuring 19.7×11.8×7.9 inches, it is a bit bulky for a backpacking trip
First impression: As our list rolls right on, it’s time to meet another tent you might like, thanks to its wide variety of great features.
Of course, the set up is the best part to start with, and in this one, the color-coded clips and poles are designed to offer you an impressively easy pitch that will take you next to no time to set up.
With the setup done
It’s time to take a look inside, where the 1 super-large D-shaped double door on this tent comes in, making entry and exit both easy and fun.
The spacious interior will offer a great deal of comfort for you and your buddy or loved one. With a floor area of 33 square feet, you should have enough space to move freely in there.
It also has enough room for your gear, especially with the interior pockets taking care of small gear. And convenience doesn’t end there, as this tent also sports a large shade pocket that you can use for your lamp to get that ambient light at night.
When it comes to performance, the DAC press-fit main poles kick in, then there’s the velocity aluminum 7000 ridgepoles.
Turns out, the 68D 100% polyester taffeta canopy fabric isn’t any bit less impressive, as it too puts up some pretty impressive performance too.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
11.ALPS Mountaineering Chaos 2-Person Tent
- With a center height of 40 inches, it is high enough to walk in comfortably
- It is considerably light at only about 5lbs and 15oz.
- The mesh roofing design makes it a great tent for stargazing
- The assembly is effortless and fast
- Great weatherproof capabilities and sufficient ventilation
- High-performance #8 zippers as well as sufficient interior and storage space
- It is a bit on the heavy side
- The stakes are not solid enough during adverse weather
First impression: For another tough tent that you might want to bring along on a quick outdoor getaway, here’s yet another one from ALPS. So let’s get down and find out what this one has in store for you.
To begin with the weather protection, this tent, albeit being small, packs in some pretty solid materials. First off is the 75D 185T polyester taffeta floor, which boasts up to 3000mm waterproof coating.
Then the fly comes with similar material, the only difference is that the waterproof coating in this one is 1500mm. Above all, this tent sports factory sealed seams for ultimate waterproof performance.
To make sure
You won’t have to struggle with the assembly, ALPS has built this tent with the freestanding design, just like the others we’ve looked at, thus giving you quick, convenient pitching.
With the tent, all set, getting in and out becomes the next factor to consider. No problem, the dual doors in this tent got you covered on that one.
Each door comes with a vestibule, which offers extra protection from the weather and doubles as a space for keeping your gear close and safely tucked away off the ground.
There are also mesh storage pockets, and a gear loft for keeping your gear. The interior space is also every bit as impressive, with this tent sporting 33 square feet of tent space, which should be enough for two.
What ’s more, to keep you both comfortable in there, it has sufficient ventilation through the doors, mostly mesh walls and a mesh roof.
We Rated This Product 4.5 From 5 Stars
12.ALPS Mountaineering Tasmanian 2-Person Tent
- With up to 13 square feet of vestibule area, storage for your gear is catered to.
- The interior is also very roomy, with a base size of 5ft 2 inches by 7ft 8 inches.
- Its center height is pretty impressive, standing at 46 inches
- The 7000 series aluminum poles are both heavy-duty and lightweight
- Its freestanding design makes for an easy setup
- It is a comfortable tent, capable of handling anything from 90-degrees to 50 below zero
- It also packs very small at 6.5 inches by 19 inches
- It is a bit difficult getting the entire tent back into its storage bag
First impression: Here’s yet another one from ALPS, and this one too is easy up, easy down.
The freestanding pole system really puts paid to the frustration that comes with assembling a tent, thus making the setup a snap.
With everything set, it’s time to check whether it is going to hold up well against the odds, which is where you will need the weather protection material. Thankfully, the seams are factory sealed for ultimate protection.
Then the tent fly features a robust 75D 185T polyester material, with an impressive 1500 mm coating. The floor is made of a 75D 185T poly taffeta material with a very high 5000mm coating.
For even more protection
You can count on the polyester tent fly, which is actually UV and water-resistant, which makes it as durable as the tent itself.
And something more, it also adds two vestibules, which you will find handy in case you need some extra storage space. Besides, it also has two doors, which enhance the aspect of ventilation and offer easy and convenient entry and exit.
We Rated This Product 4.4 From 5 Stars
13.Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Person 3 Season Tent
- The freestanding design helps create enough room inside
- Clip-pole attachments help cut weight and enhance breathability
- Color-coded SR as well as fly buckles attachment for easy setup
- Reflective guylines make you easily visible in the dark
- It is made of a tough, breathable 185T polyester fabric and 7000 series aluminum alloy poles
- You get up to eight 6061 aluminum reinforced stakes
- It packs small, measuring only 7.5 by 18 inches
- Weighing 4 lbs 11 oz, it could be a heavy tent for a hiking trip
- Some few issues with condensation on the inside
First impression: It is a 3-season tent like the ones we’ve discussed above and does a great job of keeping out the rain.
The freestanding design is the first thing that makes this tent worth the money, as it is not only very stable once you have it pitched, but it also offers a great deal of interior space.
Speaking of which, this tent offers some serious interior space, with up to 35 square feet of floor area.
Besides the floor area, it also has impressive extra space for storage of your gear, especially in the vestibules, which offer up to 14 square feet of space for your items.
Ease of access inside and outside of the tent is good, you don’t have to worry about that, this tent comes with two doors that make it as easy as it is convenient to walk in and out.
Ventilation is the other aspect of a tent that could make your life a little more comfortable, which is why this tent comes with tent fly ventilation that allows you to keep fresh air flowing in.
Besides, the doors, mesh wall panels, and windows also offer a great deal of ventilation. Other great features include a waterproof bathtub floor construction, a detachable veiling loft as well as mesh storage pockets for your gear.
We Rated This Product 4.4 From 5 Stars
14.Black Diamond HiLight Vestibule: 2-Person
- It is a super lightweight tent
- Great ventilation design keeps you fresh inside
- Made of flame-resistant, yet tough fabric
- Optional vestibule space for your gear
- Comes with robust and reflective guylines
- Packs small at 21x11x6 inches for easy transportation
- Some issues with water resistance
First impression: To wind up our list of the best 2 person tents, here’s one from Black Diamond.
One of the features that make this tent worth the money is its ultra-lightweight design, which makes it super easy to carry with you on just about any adventure.
Apparently this one weighs in at only 1 lb 1 oz, so you can be sure it won’t bog you down on the trail.
Space is crucial
It even has an optional 13 square feet of extra storage space in the vestibules allowing you to store your gear conveniently.
Made of high tenacity 30D polyester fabric, it isn’t the toughest tent we’ve looked at, but it still delivers good protection against the elements when you need it the most.
What’s more, the material is also treated for flame resistance, just in case things go terribly wrong.
But what caught our attention
In this one is the exterior airflow that draws moisture as well as stale air out of your tent, keeping it feeling cool inside and eliminating condensation.
The other great features include a side entry for easy access in and out, as well as 100 percent taped seams construction for maximum protection from the weather.
We Rated This Product 4.1 From 5 Stars
15.Eureka! Summer Pass Three-Season Tent
- It is a tough tent that you can use for three-season backpacking
- Built using a robust yet lightweight 7000 series Eco-duralumin frame
- It’s considerably lightweight for a tent this strong
- Packs small enough to make transportation and storage easy
- Sufficient ventilation for ultimate comfort inside
- It is not the easiest tent to set up
First impression: Eureka! Has been a go-to brand for many when it comes to buying tents for outdoor adventures, so, does this tent live up to that reputation?
One of the features that make this tent a great choice is the 100 percent no-see-um mesh canopy, which is great for keeping out those tiny crawlies while letting in the fresh air.
Also on the ventilation, you will love the high/low venting system, which you can adjust as desired. Then there’s the tough construction of both the floor and fly.
These are made of 68D, 185T polyester taffeta with an incredible waterproof coating of 2,000 mm and 1,500 mm respectively. With this much weather protection, you can bet that your days and nights in this tent are going to be warm and dry.
Another great feature
That this Eureka comes with is the two doors, which make entry and exit easy and quick. But the best part is the spacious two vestibules along with each door, measuring 7 ft 4 inches by 4 ft 8 inches and up to 3 ft 5 inches tall.
These should be roomy enough to offer sufficient storage for your gear. The tent itself also packs pretty small, measuring 6.5 by 20 inches, and the weight is also bearable, especially considering the tent’s size.
Weighing 5 pounds one ounce, it is a lightweight unit that you can carry on most adventures with ease.
We Rated This Product 3.5 From 5 Stars
My Top Picks
Best High-End 2p Tent – Big Agnes Copper Spur Expedition
Why: At only 5 lb 5 ounces, and measuring a mere 18 x 8 inches when packed, this tent comes across as one of the easiest options if you want a tent that you can take with you on just about any adventure.
Big Agnes, big-name who makes quality products. 2 doors with large vestibule area for storage of gear this one will do the job with ease.
Best Mid Range 2p tent – Kelty Dirt Motel
Why: This tent is built to take on the worst that the outdoors might throw its way, I particularly loved its ability to handle rough weather, which means you can count on it for virtually any time of the year.
The mesh body of the Kelty allows you to lay and gaze at the stars on a clear night and at 5lb 6 oz it’s not too heavy for most adventures.
Most Popular 2p Tent – Colman Sundome
Why: Most of the tents on our list are a breeze to set up and the Coleman Sundome is one of those easy to erect shelters. If you get to your destination a bit late, then you’ll be thankful for an easy to pitch tent.
Extremely popular with over 11,000 customer reviews this doesn’t change the fact it is a cheap tent that will give you shelter for a weekend camp and if treated gently may last a couple of seasons of summer camping, just don’t expect miracles.
Best Low Budget Quality 2p Tent – Alps Mountaineering Lynx Tent
Why: Despite being a 2-person abode by all standards, with its 7’6” x 5′ floor area, you should have enough space to sleep in without problems.
The Alps Lynx 2p tent is hugely popular with numerous happy customers giving it a very high rating and being super easy to set up and weighing just 5lb 12 oz should not be a struggle to transport.
Questions And Answers
Question: Will a 2-person tent be enough for 2 adults?
Answer: In most cases, yes, in most cases these tents come in different sizes when it comes to the floor area. Moreover, individuals’ size also counts, as does the amount of gear you have.
If you are two big guys, you might feel a bit cramped in a tent that would be completely fine for two petite persons. And if you are camping as a couple with a child, then you may want to consider going up a size.
Question: Can I find a 4-season 2-person tent?
Answer: Absolutely! Although not all 2-person tents are 4-season tents, there are still some out there that are built to take on the worst that mother nature can dish out.
If you spend most of the time on the trail, or if you prefer stepping out on adventure at that time of the year when the conditions really bite, look around, and you will be able to find a great tent just don’t look for the cheapest.
Question: Do I have to buy a footprint separately?
Answer: Not necessarily, but it is crucial if you want to get even better protection from the elements, especially wet conditions and obstacles that may damage the base of your tent.
A footprint brings onboard a great difference to the longevity of the tent and also the protection of any blow-up bedding. After all, you do want to be comfortable while camping.
Question: Are all 2-person tents lightweight?
Answer: Well, it depends on the one you go for. Again, it’s worth keeping in mind that while these tents are generally compact, some of them can be a bit hefty, others are pretty bulky.
So you will probably choose depending on your mode of transport, obviously, if you are backpacking you need to consider weight as a priority so I would suggest you take a look at my Best 2 Person Backpacking Tents.
We all know just how confusing making the decision for that perfect tent can get. It doesn’t have to be picture-perfect, but make sure it can hold up well against the elements, and keep you comfortable even when you’re miles from home.
With all the options we’ve listed in this post, and the ideas we have shared on what to be keen on before putting your money on the line, we are sure you are going to have an easy time choosing the right tent for your next trip.
It’s one thing to finally get to experience that adventure you’ve had your eyes on for who knows how long, but getting to enjoy your trip and stay is quite a whole different story altogether. Get yourself the right tent, and make your trip worth remembering.
If you have any more questions about the best 2 person tents, I’d love to hear them and I’ll be more than happy to answer them in the comments section below.
Remember! Leave it cleaner than you found it, only footprints not rubbish.