I love my comfort and I’m sure you do too, no matter your budget or your choice of campsite or adventure, a good seat is a must. The Best Camping Chairs for 2021 contains at least one good camping chair that would tick all the boxes for you.
I really like to have is a good quality comfortable fold-up camp chair that is easy to transport, easy to carry, strong, built to last and extremely comfortable, that’s not too much to ask for is it?
By the time you read this article and compare your research, you will be able to choose a chair that has all the features you require in a reliable, well-made chair, that you can take on any outdoor adventure and know it will last the distance.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I earn a small commission, you get a great deal. It’s a win-win. As the owner and editor of this site, I hope you enjoy this top-rated product review. Full Affiliate Disclosure Here
So Here They Are, Lets Start
1. Coleman Portable Camping Quad Chair
My Initial thoughts: This chair is the Coleman portable camping quad chair made from polyester it is very strong in construction and is convenient when you’re outdoors camping.
It has a built-in drink cooler holder on the arm-rest of the chair, together with a clever 4 can cooler pouch keeps cold drinks within easy reach.
The support and comfort that this chair provides are quite good, it is strong enough to hold around 325 pounds.
- It has a nice straight back support and also has a side pocket so you can store your favorite magazine or book
- The chair is very compact weighing just short of 10 pounds, it is not the lightest.
But, the collapsible folding design is easy to store and transport, and with a price tag of approximately $30 makes it an affordable and good value for money chair.
You would go on a long search to find a chair that gives you the same level of comfort and benefits for fewer dollars. I have written an in-depth review on this chair here Coleman portable camping quad chair
2. G4Free Lightweight Outdoor Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: This chair looks a little different and comes with a number of features and benefits that make it a reasonable quality camping chair.
The GT4 lightweight portable camping chair has a breathable and waterproof material cloth covering and is very lightweight and portable.
Because of a lightweight design using aluminum alloy legs, it has a maximum load-bearing of 200 lbs which is quite a good weight for such a small chair.
- The weight of the chair is a tiny 2.3 lb, and as such a lightweight makes it easy to store and transport.
- Very compact when folded which makes it good for traveling and camping and when you have limited space.
Whilst a little flimsy to be near the top of this list and with a price of nearly $30 makes, it’s a little expensive.
It comes with a small storage material pouch that can be attached to the chair to hold a cell phone book or bottle, however, this is not a practical choice for a good strong comfortable camping chair.
3. King Camp Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: King camp camping chair is quite a good looking chair, it is sturdy stable and suitable for any outdoor activities like camping and picnicking.
This chair is made from high strength steel tube and has a drink cooler and a storage pouch.
Weighing in at 11 pounds 2 ounces this chair is a little on the heavy side but it is one of the more comfortable chairs we have looked at.
- Very easy to lounge in with a capacity to carry 353 lbs.
- The chair comes with its own carrying shoulder bag for easy storage and transportation.
Some chairs are a little difficult to get out of, but this King camp has a more vertical backrest which makes it easier to extract yourself.
This chair might be the best camping chair for a bad back, it has a wide and strong lumbar support which makes this chair extremely comfortable, this is a good chair.
4. Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair
My Initial thoughts: Kijaro has presented a dual lock Portable camping chair.
This chair is one of the better portable camping chairs and comes with a stable and durable frame to give it better functionality.
It comes equipped with a dual locking system that allows the chair to be locked open for stability and locked shut for easy transport.
Weighing in at 9.5 lbs it’s not too heavy, but has a good carrying capacity of 300 lbs That is perfect for camping, picnicking, tailgating, or for seating at your favorite game.
- It has a padded seat and headrest to allow you to easily take a nap it is very comfortable with its upright sitting position. it’s also big enough to allow you to lounge in comfort.
- This chair is available in a wide range of colors, you might not expect this feature from many chairs but you have this option with the Kijaro.
- You may have a preferred color that suits your favorite baseball or football team.
It has good ventilation in the material of the chair and is designed and well suited to outdoor adventures and comfort while camping or other pastimes.
This is one of the good folding camp chairs and one we rate highly. I have done an extensive review of the Kijaro dual lock portable Chair here check it out.
5. Browning Camping Strutter Chair
My Initial thoughts: The Strutter Chair by Browning utilizes a durable low profile design that keeps you low to the ground and also comfortable while relaxing in camp.
It is easy to fold up and fit into its carry bag, besides being strong and durable and being extremely comfortable it also has for rotating feet at the bottom of the chair legs.
This makes sure it always sits flat and solid and stable even on uneven ground, I like this feature.
- If you don’t wish to repack your chair back into its carry bag it does come with an attached strap for ease of carrying.
- Simply throw it over your shoulder and away you go.
- This chair was originally designed with the hunter in mind. But don’t let that bother you if you are not a hunter, instead of shooting a wild turkey you can drink one instead whilst relaxing in this chair.
If you like to sit low to the ground or just want a comfortable chair this one is for you, designed to carry 300 lbs this is a compact folding chair with a camo pattern and has The Browning stag logo embroidered on the back.
This is one heck of a good chair and up there with the best camping chairs for comfort, portability, and price.
6. Cascade Mountain Tech Compact Low Profile Camp Chair
My Initial thoughts: Here we have another low-profile outdoor folding camp chair this time by Cascade Mountain.
This one has a cushioned armrest which makes a very comfortable at every event, it has strong rounded feet that allow it to stand very stable on the ground.
The chair is compact folds up for easy storage in your home or SUV has a carry case with strap included, which makes this a high-quality product made by a good company Cascade Mountain Tech.
- It has quite a good rating, 4.6 out of 5 stars from 145 Amazon customers which is very good.
- Personally, I found the back to be a little short so if you are a tall person your head may not rest upon the back of the chair.
It is quite a Compact 26 inches by 18 folded, weighs 8 lb and the carrying capacity of this chair is 250 lbs.
While this is a sturdy and reasonably comfortable chair, we found that the chair does not have cup holders or any pocket for magazines or books, etc, however, it is low profile so easy its enough to reach those items on the ground.
A nice looking chair but not one of our top picks, it belongs somewhere in the middle of the pack I think.
7. Trekology YIZI GO Portable Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: Weighing in at about two pounds the Trekology Yizi Go portable camping chair is easy to carry, wherever you need a comfortable chair it has portability, strength and is lightweight.
It has an adjustable height system that allows three different Heights and has good lower back support and is a little higher off the ground than other similar chairs.
It is easy to care for the product, but as a traditional camping chair we don’t like the two-piece models, we prefer the larger chairs for lounging around the campsite.
- This is quite a strong and durable product, made from aluminum alloys, the frame is sturdy and will support a weight of up to 300 lbs.
- It has a 600D polyester fabric with reinforced stitching.
However it does set up quickly and easily and for those who favor this style, plus it comes in 3 different colors so that is a good feature.
Some people who own this product say it is very comfortable, sturdy, and strong, but at $40 I think it’s also at the top of the price range for the product.
8. Moon Lence Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: The Moon Lence is a similar design to the Trekology Yizi Go Chair,
It’s unique and ergonomic design gives you a seat that allows comfortable relaxation, the soft material is breathable and easy to clean.
This seat looks a little flimsy however its carrying capacity is 242 lbs, plus it does have a pillow on the headrest and it comes in a number of different colors.
This is a very sturdy chair for its size and quite comfortable to sit in, it will provide you with a comfortable and cozy place to sit and relax anywhere you travel.
- It’s very small in size once it’s folded and packed up, and it’s compact enough to stick in your backpack.
- Its weight is a mere 2 lb, and in its storage pouch 14 inches by 5 inches by 3.5 in.
This is another chair where you have to insert the material over the frame, and this is something I personally don’t like, although some people are not put off by this minor detail.
It does come in a range of different colors, however, I am not a big fan it is simply too flimsy for me, has no accessories and the points on the feet tend to sink into all but the hard ground.
9. Sportneer Portable Lightweight Folding Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: This is a convenient portable chair built from premium aluminum alloy and nylon material to handle up to 350 pounds in weight.
This makes it one of the strongest or heaviest carrying capacity chairs in our lineup.
The camping chair is simple to unpack and set up and the material conforms to your body to enhance comfort and make your sitting more enjoyable.
This is not the most stable of chairs but it is small and compact and easily carried in your trunk or even in your backpack.
- As it only weighs 2 lb it’s folded size is 14 and a quarter inches by 5 and a quarter inches comes with its own carry bag and it’s extremely light to carry.
- This one would be a better choice for backpack camping, hiking, or fishing chair.
As we mentioned it is not the most stable of chairs and it will rock and move quite a bit under your weight it is 13 inches off the ground so whilst not a low seek design it is also not a high seat, it is built to last.
It’s sturdy in construction and although it can carry 350 lbs, it has no drink holder and not the most comfortable so this is not one of our top choices.
10. Sunyear Lightweight And Compact Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: Weighing in at just 1.8 pounds this is one of the lightest chairs on our list, it made from aluminum alloy and 500d nylon fabric for the seating.
It is ultra-light, compact, portable for outdoors use camping fishing, and so on. The chair is corrosion-resistant easy to carry and versatile.
When traveling Outdoors weight is always a concern, so the lightweight of this chair makes it very convenient for hiking into a campsite.
- This chair has a deep seat design which is somewhat larger and more comfortable than some of the similar chairs available today.
- Also an ergonomic design which provides optimum comfort and gives you plenty of room to lounge, easy to set up and fold down, it can be easily collapsed for storage and transport after use.
It has rubber covers on the feet although they are quite small and would tend to sink in the sand or soft ground Yet even being so lightweight, it still has a carrying capacity of 250 pounds.
Although it looks a bit flimsy it is quite stable, and at $33 it is one of the reasonable quality and good value chairs available on the market.
11. Big Agnes – Helinox – Chair One
My Initial thoughts: This big Agnes Eleanor chair is another very lightweight chair that will easily fit in your backpack.
Weighing just on 2 lb this lightweight chair can support a weight of up to 320 lb, it is low to the ground design, but not that difficult to stand up out of it.
It can be carried and transported with ease, plus it also comes with an included storage bag.
The dimensions of the chair 26 inches high by 21 inches wide, it is 13 and a half inches off the ground, which gives ample room to lounge comfortably.
- So on your next camping trip, if you take the big Agnes camping chair one, you’ll sit back and enjoy the view or the entertainment that is in front of you in style.
- I like this chair and have done a review of the Helinox Chair One.
- It is a reasonably sturdy chair and easily put together, and seems to be the perfect camping chair for your next outdoor adventure.
The only real negative we see is the price, being $100 it is not the cheapest in the range of chairs in this category, there are many cheaper chairs that are similar in design and construction.
However there is a large following on the Big Agnes Chair One with many positive reviews, this chair is a favorite among campers and outdoor enthusiasts.
It’s easy to set up and designed for maximum comfort which is a big priority for me. However, without the cup holder, it lacks that special touch.
12. Helinox Sunset Highback Camp Chair
My Initial thoughts: This is a lightweight folding camp chair, the whole chair weighs just 3.3 pounds sets up quickly and easily, and comes with its own storage bag.
This is a good looking chair with breathable back and sides very comfortable to sit in and easily stored and transported and would be a good addition to your camping essentials.
- It is constructed using an aluminum frame with polyester fabric, the chair is strong enough with a capacity to support up to 320 LB.
- There are add on ball style feet that will reduce this problem a little and make the chair a little more stable.
This again is an excellent chair being 17.5 inches off the ground it is not easy to place your drink or book on the ground without disturbing your seated position, so having a drink holder is a real feature.
Being a little higher, this will prove to be much easier in removing yourself from the chair. The length of the back of the chair is longer which will support your head in comfort. This one comes in 4 attractive colors
13. MARCHWAY Lightweight Folding High Back Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: This chair proved to be a very quick setup within a minute you can finish the assembly process and be sitting back at your campsite enjoying the entertainment or the vistas that surround you.
Like many of the other chairs on this list. this one is also made from aluminum alloys which give them strength and good load-bearing capacity.
The smart way hi back camping chair has a built-in pillow which will provide you with extra support for your head.
- It is very compact, it will pack down into a very small size of just over 17 and a half inches by 6 inches by 5 and a half inches.
- And packed into the included carry case is compact and very portable.
It will be in the best camp chairs top 10. It’s extremely durable made from good quality material the load-bearing capacity is 300 lbs end of the overall weight of the chair is 3 .7 pounds.
This is a very sturdy and good looking chair but unfortunately for a camp chair, it doesn’t make the grade.
14. ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair
My Initial thoughts: If you’re looking for a big strong comfortable durable quad chair, this may be the one for you.
The King Kong chair is the strongest chair on our list and also has the highest load capacity.
That capacity is a massive 800 lbs, it could nearly hold King Kong himself.
- Seriously though, this is a massive chair that boasts a sturdy powder-coated steel frame with a polyester fabric of 600D.
- Whether you’re a large person or a small person this chair will provide you with plenty of reliability.
- The comfort and strength of this chair are incomparable to any other chair on the market today. Plus it comes in three attractive colors.
- At 12 and a half pounds, the chair is a little on the heavy side but it folds up, fits into its own carry bag, and is easily transported and stored when not in use.
It has a cup holder in each armrest, it also has a side pocket on each armrest for your magazine, phone or other items.
This is the best selling chair in a league of its own and will certainly be in our top 3. More information is available here on the King Kong Chair Review we recently did.
15. KingCamp Low Sling Beach Camping Chair with Mesh Back
My Initial thoughts: Kingcamp has this low sling Beach camping chair, I like the looks of this chair it’s quite attractive quite strong-looking, and very functional.
It has breathable and comfortable mesh material on the back and seat, it is only 7.9 in off the ground.
After use on sand, we found it helpful to fold it then to turn it upside down to shake the sand out of the feet before packing into its carry bag.
- It’s made from heavy-duty powder-coated steel, weighs around 6 and a half pounds, and can support a weight of up to 300 lb.
- It is reasonably small in size, has a nice low profile and it is lightweight yet sturdy.
- It comes in three attractive colors it has a drink cooler holder on the side of the chair the feet are a good size for stability.
King camp chair comes with its own carry bag with a shoulder strap attached making it easier to carry. It is easily set up and just as easily taken down.
It is available in three different colors and the armrests have foam inserts for extra comfort. The chair is highly rated by customers on Amazon with a 4.6 out of 5-star rating. We think overall, a very good chair.
16. ALPS Mountaineering Rendezvous Folding Camp Chair
My Initial thoughts: Alps mountaineering makes good chairs, this one is the Rendezvous folding camp chair, it comes in 3 different colors, Blue, Khaki or Rust and has a powder-coated steel frame.
A mesh fabric material on the back and seat of the chair is breathable and comfortable.
The chair sits low to the ground and allows you to rest and relax and stretch out your legs in comfort.
Whether sunbathing at the beach, chatting around the campsite, or at the concert enjoying your favorite band, the low profile of this chair will allow you to sit in style and comfort.
- The Rendezvous quickly and easily falls down to fit into 8 inches by 28-inch carry bag, and at 6.8 pounds the weight of the chair means it is not a big load and still easy to carry.
- This strong and sturdy chair has a carrying capacity of 300 lbs and despite the low profile design, the steel frame does the ability to carry that weight with ease.
This is another highly rated chair by the customers on Amazon with over 500 reviews and a 4.6 out of 5-star rating. This chair could prove to be the best soccer mum chair.
If you like sitting close to the ground, this is a chair you will need to check out further, It is very affordable at $30 and gives excellent value, I like this one.
17. RIO Gear Original Steel Camping Chair
My Initial thoughts: Rio is one of the oldest manufacturers operating in the outdoor furniture area today the company has been around since 1947 and they are recognized for their reliability and good customer service.
The Rio ultimate Backpack Chair with cooler is an aluminum frame and it’s unusual that it comes with an ability to adjust to five individual positions from upright to a full recline.
The seat material is laced to the frame which means it has a little flexibility and movement which Contours with your body, the material is breathable, comfortable, and easily washable.
- It has a plastic armrest on each side which gives a solid resting area for your forearms, it also has a cooler holder and a small pouch to hold personal items like a cell phone or purse.
- It is quite a sturdy looking chair with a thick cushion pillow on the back for your head.
- It is lightweight at around 8 lb, and has a carrying capacity of 240 lb.
This chair folds down easily and can be carried with the adjustable padded shoulder straps. We like this chair, it is one that we would rate a lot higher, except I am not a big fan of inbuilt seat cushions.
I have sat in many different positions and I’m not convinced the seat cushions are comfortable, and depending on your seating posture it could simply be annoying, so I have deducted points for this reason.
18. Tommy Bahama Backpack Cooler Chair
My Initial thoughts: No List of camping chairs would be complete without the Tommy Bahama backpack cooler chair.
This chair is a sturdy, low-slung, good-looking, strong, and comfortable chair.
It is a stable chair on the ground as it sits on crossover legs as a full footprint, therefore much less resistant to sinking into the soft ground and sand.
This chair is made with an aluminum frame and plastic armrest which is quite comfortable as they are sturdy and easy to rest your arms upon the seats.
- The back is dressed in a 600D polyester material which is quite strong washable and will stay cool on a hot day.
- It also has the Tommy Panama logo on the back of the chair which looks quite good with the Sailfish.
- The cooler chair weighs in at 7.4 pounds and has a good carrying capacity of 300 lbs, it comes in some wonderful color variations and will stand out amongst any crowd.
This is a good performer with a side pouch for a cell phone or magazine and even has a drink holder. It has a 5 position adjustable feature which is very convenient so you can sit upright or lounge back even lay down.
Read more on the chair here at Tommy Bahama Backpack Chair Review.
This chair also has a built-in adjustable pillow which I am not fond off, some are downright uncomfortable. But this chair is a very good option for lazy days of camping near the beach.
It is rated number two on Amazon in sports and outdoors, camping furniture, chairs, so it has a large following, and this chair is one of the better beach chairs on the list.
Traditional Camping Chair: Alps Mountaineering King Kong Chair
Low Profile Camping Chair: ALPS Rendezvous Camping Chair
Lightweight Camping Chair: Sunyear Lightweight Camp Chair
Beach Camping Chair: Tommy Bahama Beach Camping Chair
Best Budget Camping Chair: Coleman Oversized Quad Chair
Reasons to Choose The Best Camoing Chair
This is the weight that the chair will safely carry so if your a larger person no worries there is a chair for you among this list.
How much weight does the chair need to support, the chairs in this list have a carrying capacity in a range from just over 200 pounds upwards so no matter how big or small you are there is one for your enjoyment.
As a matter of fact, there is one on our list that can hold a whopping 8oo pounds, this one will hold the whole family. Many will hold a weight of 300 lbs so that will be strong enough for the majority of people.
There are a couple of chairs here that weigh less than 2 lbs so if you are walking a distance to your camp or if you are backpack camping these lightweight chairs will provide comfort without the sore back from lugging a heavy-weight.
They range from under 2 lbs up to 12.5 pounds and this weight will be a large determining factor in your choice of a camp chair, remember you will have to carry it. It’s ok if you have a vehicle, but could become a burden if you’re walking any distance.
It is simply looking at the way you camp or use the chair and if most of your camping is in the form of hiking and light in equipment, well these chairs offer an option of good seating with a shoulder strap for easy carrying.
Cup holders and other additional accessories are becoming standard features on many of the chairs on the market today. Having a cold drink and just having a place to put it without reaching or bending too far ( I know, I’m lazy) is what relaxing is all about.
It’s the little things that make life more pleasant, having a drink holder and a mesh pocket to hold your cold drink and store your purse or phone while sitting in your camp chair is convenient and useful.
Some chairs even have cooler bags to store a couple of extra cold beers.
Good construction will give you good value for money, some have a better fabric than others and the steel on some will rust if exposed to salt air and beach conditions, so aluminum is a better product for the beach.
The build of each chair is different and you need to know what it is your going to want to do with the chair. Like all equipment, these chairs will take use and abuse to a certain extent before they start to fail.
Any item we buy has a certain quality of construction that allows us to enjoy that item for a period of time. It’s no different with a chair try to choose one with the build quality that suits your needs and hopefully lasts a long time.
The lighter chairs are more suitable for backpacking and tend to be stronger, but the larger more traditional chairs are favored as camp chairs to accompany your camp table.
Out of all the chairs in our list, there are probably three distinctive levels of comfort, the larger more traditional chairs which are too heavy and cumbersome for backpacking or hiking, always give the best comfort around camp.
This is the whole reason for having and carrying a chair with us when we are not at home, being comfortable at the kids weekend match, or spending time with friends around a campfire. Comfort is a must.
Whether you like to lounge or sit upright the larger chairs are the preferred choice for comfort. At a concert or sitting on the edge of a lake gazing into the distance you may like the low slung type of chair, these are comfortable, portable, and light.
When you are hiking or backpacking you need to stick with the super-lightweight models, some of which can be tied to your backpack for ease of carrying. Having a comfortable chair to sit in will more than double your enjoyment of any event.
Does size matter when it comes to carrying equipment to a campsite? yes, most of the time it does. Are you camping near the beach or in a national park, are you only camping for a weekend, do you have a vehicle, or are you hiking?
These are some of the questions you will need to ask before purchasing, being portable is always a factor and that means easy to transport with no headaches.
Determine how you are transporting your chair, are you attaching it to your back while hiking into your campsite, carrying it over your shoulder any distance, or do you have a vehicle that is going to bear the load?
If you are camping with a vehicle, size is probably not that critical, however, if you are hiking to a campsite, a large 10 lb chair is not what you need, so portability and weight need to be taken into consideration.
I hope you got some information out of our list that helps you in your search for the perfect chair to take on your own great personal outdoor adventures.
There are many styles from so many manufacturers that it is not always easy making the right choice.
Take your time and go over our researching your favorites so this will further enhance your chances of finding the perfect camping chair for your next adventure.
I don’t believe you have to break the bank to get a good chair, plus, it’s also a good idea to check the warranty provided by the retailer before you purchase any item.
I enjoy being out in nature and do just that, as often as I can, whether it’s a short weekend away or a long road-trip taking a couple of weeks.
In the evenings when we stop and take time to reflect on the day’s events, and enjoy the peace and the environment that surrounds us, there is no better way to do that than sitting in a good quality nice comfortable chair.
If you have any more questions on the Best Camping Chairs I will be more than happy to answer them in the comments section below.
Remember! Leave it cleaner than you found it, only footprints not rubbish.