I have put together a complete list of the Best Camping Cots for you and the research that will answer a lot of your questions and also give you several solutions to your bedding requirements.
This Article Was Last Updated On June 29, 2021
Sleeping on the rough, uneven tent floor is not what you want to put up with, but don’t worry about sleepless nights some of these cots will have you sleeping soundly in blissful comfort.
Here are some of the best camping cots that you can choose from.
Note: As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I get a small commission from the seller at no cost to you, and you get a great deal. It’s a win-win, I hope you enjoy my article. Full Affiliate Disclosure Here
Starting With One Of My Favorites
1. Byer of Maine EasyCot
My initial thoughts: The first aspect that you will love about this cot is the easy assembly.
A lot of times you will usually be short of time and darkness is drawing in fast, so you need a cot that you can set up with ultimate ease. And with this one, you only need to unfold it and you can be in bed in minutes.
Capable of supporting up to 330 lbs, it is built for heavy-duty use. Plus this cot is ready to take on quite some heavy lifting without those frustrating squeaks.
- It stands at 18 inches high to keep you well above the ground so it keeps you above the creepy crawlies.
- To look more closely at this cot, click here on my review Byer Of Maine Camp Cot.
- A full-size design at 78-inches in length and 31-inches width, this bed is ideal for people of all different sizes.
- It weighs in at 21 pounds for reasonably easy to carry convenience.
Versatility is yet another thing to factor in when shopping for any cot, and this one comes with a travel bag that you are sure to find handy. I like the Byer Of Maine a lot and I think you will too.
The 600 denier polyester fabric with up to 5 panels has what it takes to give you reliable, comfortable support.
2. VIVO Camping Military Style Cot
My initial thoughts: With a durable steel frame and legs, water-resistant polyester fabric, this cot is one of the top go-to options.
It sets up instantly with no tools needed, thanks to its ideal design. You can use this cot for a whole lot of different adventures, from traveling to camping, outings, and home use as a spare bed.
More good news
- The simple fold-up design is also something worth a hard look.
- When it comes to saving on time, the convenient contraction of the frame offers easy setup, takedown, transport, and storage.
- At 75in long x 25in wide x 16 inches off the ground, it is not the biggest but a nice size and height.
- Besides, it also features a travel bag with shoulder straps that makes storage and portability of your bed even easier.
- Above all, lightweight construction in this cot makes all the difference when it comes to portability.
At only 12 lbs, it is sure not to add much weight to your luggage. You don’t need to have a cot that weighs you down, and this one definitely won’t make the trek harder for you. It has a carrying capacity of 250pounds.
3. ALPS Mountaineering Cot
My initial thoughts: Let’s get things started with the frame. Made of solid steel, the frame in this cot takes a weight capacity of up to 250 lbs.
But the construction is not all there is to this cot, it still has a hoard of exciting features to consider, there’s the 600D polyester fabric for ultimate comfort.
- Quality construction gives a remarkable convenience to this cot, it is perfectly suitable for on the go use.
- Not forgetting, it is also compact enough to save on space.
- To add to the convenience that this cot delivers is its carry bag. The fold-up design brings it down to a manageable size that you can carry with ease.
- It is lightweight at 11 pounds, it is sturdy, and it has an outstanding design that makes it one of the better cots on the market.
If you want to add comfort and stability, then you will find this material handy, it is firm so this keeps the crossbars from digging into your back while laying on it.
Then the bag makes transporting and storing your cot every bit as easy, and if you would like some more information check out my review of this product here at ALPS Mountaineering Camp Cot
4. REDCAMP Folding Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: In case you are setting out to take your camping to a completely new level, then this cot will take you there.
The quality of its construction and with a 600D polyester Oxford, the fabric is both firm and breathable, ensuring a comfortable night sleep.
- With a G-STA lock on the side, folding your cot becomes every bit as easier.
- The setup and fold up, take only a few seconds, which means you don’t have to waste time getting to sleep or breaking camp in the morning.
- It’s all thanks to its size and design, weighing in at 14.7 pounds carrying it around should not be a challenge.
- Be sure to also check out the 365-day limited manufacturer warranty.
You also need to check out the elongated steel tube frame. This not only comes through as robust enough for any weight you might want to throw at this bed, but it is also built for durability.
And that’s just part of it, other features are yet something you need to see, suitable for a person up to 6’3″ tall and 250 pounds.
5. Trademark Innovations 75” Portable Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: It’s what you need for lightweight outdoor trips and one that is sure to last you several years. And it all boils down to some nice features.
A lightweight and portable design are some things to look out for in any camping cot, it offers something for everyone going outdoors if you want an easy time out there.
- The size of the cot also counts, and this one has it all on this being 75-inches in length and 25 inches across, and 17-inches high, it is great for kids and adults as well.
- Most importantly, time is crucial when you are out camping or having a great time in the wild.
- This bed is built without the need for assembling it, which makes it even easier to use. You only need to unfold it and you have a place to lay your head.
- A lightweight carrying case is yet another great addition to this bed that you will find very useful.
Along with the bed’s ability to fold up to a portable design, bringing your bed on board becomes a breeze with a weight of just 12.2 pounds.
But despite the lightweight design, this cot still gets the job done when it comes to supporting more heavyweights. With the ability to take on up to 260 lbs, it has what it takes to work for light and heavy users alike.
6. KingCamp Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: This Camping Cot list won’t be complete without this outstanding oversized, heavy-duty bed.
Its robust construction and ideal design give it an upper hand, but the secret is in its range of other features. It all starts with an oversize, yet comfortable design.
Thanks to a washable 1200 D fabric, this bed offers unsurpassed comfort with a night of cozy night sleep.
- An incredible 82 by 29.5 by 15-inch set size, it is wide enough to cater to larger taller people too.
- At 15 lbs, and folding to an ideal size for portability, it is what makes this cot a little better than most.
- A steel frame offers the much-needed support, giving this bed the ability to support up to 440 lbs.
- Not many cots in its tier out there support this weight, and without sacrificing on the comfort or portability.
It’s a sturdy bed that’s ready for anything. Ease of use, this one requires only a simple opening and folding, which proves to be both convenient and ideal for on-the-go use.
Portability matters, especially if you have considerable luggage to carry, you need a compact, lightweight bed that won’t add significant weight, It also has a storage bag where you can put your phone and personal items as well.
7. TETON Sports Somnia Lightweight Cot
My initial thoughts: TETON has a couple of entries on our list of the best camping cots.
This cot too has a whole lot to offer, from its materials to the design and the construction, at 74 x 24 x 15 it is a good size
The reinforced aluminum legs are an exciting feature that this cot sports. They offer excellent support that makes it perfect for heavy-duty use and robust enough for durability.
You can’t afford to miss
- Lightweight but strong enough to support up to 275 lbs, which is great for all sizes.
- The easy knob assembly that this cot comes with. You can simply fold it away once done using it, offering you easy portability as well as storage.
- A storage bag also proves essential for keeping your cot once you are done using it.
- And this doubles as an organizer for keeping your stuff as a torch, phone, and others handy.
- Besides, it is conveniently located right on the side of the bed, so it is always within reach.
Without sacrificing comfort and weighing only 10 lbs, this cot is still wide enough to offer sufficient room, and firm enough for a comfortable sleep, while the X-leg design assembly offers unbeatable support and strength.
8. Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
My initial thoughts: Comfort while camping comes in many ways, whether you decide to bring along a hammock, a camping chair, or a cot.
All sorts of gear that makes a difference, but to sleep sound at night, you need somewhere to lay your head on, and this cot is pretty much all you need.
With a coil suspension design, a covered foam mattress pad, and a solid frame, this cot is built for anyone serious about sleeping comfort.
A bit unusual
- Not the longest at around 5 ft 7 inches, which may be on the short side but there are millions of people who are no taller than 5’7″.
- And when it comes to weight capacity, its ability to support up to 300 pounds is also remarkable.
- This is all thanks to its robust steel frame, which offers outstanding performance.
- Moreover, it is also built to last against the rigors of the outdoors.
The assembly should never be a struggle as far as you are dealing with camp cots, and that holds true with this one. With its folding frame, it’s super easy to set up and takedown.
Simply unfold it to use, and fold it up in the morning. It’s worth a further look here in my In-depth review Coleman Comfortsmart Camping Cot.
9. Coleman Twin Airbed Folding Cot
My initial thoughts: What better way to pull out the comfort than with an air mattress and a cot, this combination is a little different but well worth a look and it deserves a place on this list
You can also count on the strong steel cot construction that makes it ideal for heavy-duty performance.
- With such a sturdy frame, this cot can support up to 300 pounds, which is quite impressive.
- The easily inflatable twin airbed is also great, as it comes with a double lock airtight system valve that keeps the mattress full through the night.
- Then it has a 4D battery pump that makes inflating your bed a breeze.
- This cot is also very compact and lightweight at only 31 pounds when inflated, which makes it super easy to lug along and handle.
So if you are on the hunt for a cot that you can take on just about any outdoor adventure, then this one may be a great fit for you.
That’s what the Coleman portable twin airbed and cot is all about. To help you sleep comfortably so far away from home, this cot comes with a reliable ComfortStrong coil system that delivers ultimate comfort and support.
10. TETON Sports Adventurer Camp Cot
My initial thoughts: Just grab your TETON camp cot and sleep like a king while still communing with nature.
This cot comes with an array of features that guarantee your comfort wherever you are.
Thanks to its pivot arm, which has an inbuilt lever for putting in the last end bar with incredible ease, thus taking the struggle and wrestle out of your set up.
More features like
- The reinforced steel legs are sure to give you more value as they are strong and long-lasting,
- However, despite its strong frame, it folds up to a small size that weighs only 20 pounds, making portability a snap.
- This cot is high enough at 17 inches, which ensures you can enjoy the comfort of sleeping off the ground.
- I did a Review you can check out here on Teton Sports Camp Cot
It takes less insulation, and you still have room underneath where you can store some of your camping gear. Size and performance are essential when it comes to cots, and that’s where this cot does a great job.
Besides being longer at 75 inches than some twin mattress for an easy fit, this cot can hold up to 400 pounds, which is ideal for most adults.
11. KingCamp Strong Folding Camping Bed Cot
My initial thoughts: This KingCamp cot’s exciting design and 61200D oxford double layer fabric, which is both breathable and lasting provide a nice sleeping surface.
Then the high-quality steel tube with a triangle structure construction makes it extra sturdy for heavy-duty use.
A lightweight, compact design makes the portability very easy. And a storage bag that comes with the cot makes transportation and storage easy, convenient and fun.
- Another exciting feature is the angle of the top, which flanges at an angle at the head, enabling you to use this cot without having to bring a pillow with you.
- The ease of portability is not the only thing you’ll come to love about this cot, as it is also great for a wide range of outdoor and indoor activities.
- You can use it for camping, exploration, on the patio or even in the house when you have guests over.
Thankfully, this cot is a great pick for short and tall people alike, as it fits people up to 6 ft 2 inches. And it’s spacious enough so you can sleep on it with all the comfort you need. Dimensions 74.8″ × 24.8″ × 16.5″ load capacity 265 pounds with ease.
12. Mountain Trails Base Camp Cot
My initial thoughts: Sleeping on a rocky or uneven surface can be quite uncomfortable which is why a camping cot is usually worth checking out.
This is an excellent design for using inside the family tent with the rounded bar unlikely to damage the tent floor.
One of those is the downward angle design of the bars, which ensures you never have to cope with the bars pressing hard on your back while you sleep.
To add to that
- There’s the aspect of portability, which could mean all the difference when it comes to using your cot on the go.
- One exciting thing is the lightweight and compact design that makes carrying it a breeze.
- Then it also comes with an included carry bag that you can use for easy transportation and storage of your cot.
- The other thing you should never overlook in a camp cot is the performance, which is where this one stands out.
With its powder-coated steel frame, it can support up to 225 pounds, while weighing just 9 lb 13 oz making it ideal for kids and adults alike. You may like to view my review I did on this cot here at Mountain Trails Base Camp Cot.
A quick and easy assembly is also worth keeping your eyes on when looking for a cot. Luckily, that’s one of the things you never need to worry about with this cot.
13. Coleman Trailhead Military Style Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: For a camping cot that offers more than ordinary performance, you should check out this Coleman military-style cot.
Coming with various features that go the distance to make your camping nights the best, it is well worth checking out. These cots are designed to suit anyone.
One of the leading differences in this cot is the side pockets, which are awesome if you like to keep some of your handy items like light, phone, and glasses within reach.
- The dual-cross-bar frame is also very impressive, as it is both durable and heavy-duty.
- Build using solid materials this cot will last for many seasons.
- Then there’s also the fabric, its high-quality polyester fabric and the steel frame are both very strong, supporting up to 300 pounds.
- If you want a cot that can work wonders for kids and adults alike, then the materials in this one will take you all the way.
Besides your Coleman cot is easy to use, at just over 20 pounds its lightweight design means it’s also very easy to transport and store.
You will also love the one-year limited warranty that comes with the purchase, giving you every reason to buy with confidence, Let me show you some more information here at my Coleman Trailhead Review.
14. TETON Sports Outfitter Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: This cot is not only durable and a high-performance cot; it is also very versatile, making it great for outdoor activities.
A combination of an aluminum frame and steel legs brings the total weight to 20 pounds.
Along with a top-quality 600D polyester canvas on the top, it is a cot built for performance and durability.
- For absolute sturdiness and stability, the cot features “S” design legs.
- Large size makes it great for everyone no matter the size up to 400 pounds.
- While still at it, it’s worth mentioning that this cot is a great deal if you want to sleep off the ground at 17 inches.
- Portability is as easy as it gets with this cot, thanks to its ability to fold up into a compact, lightweight package.
- Then there’s the included storage bag that you can put your cot in and off you go.
Besides, the cot features a double-brushed canvas, 300D each, and polyurethane foam for ultimate comfort.
And that’s not all yet; this cot also boasts a pivot arm design for easy and quick setup. A removable canvas shell makes cleaning super easy.
15. MOON LENCE Camping Cot
My initial thoughts: The last, but far from the least, is one cot that’s built for the outdoors.
It’s robust, easy to carry along, and most importantly, durable, and one of the most impressive aspects is the waterproof surface.
Besides being convenient to use even in moist conditions, this Moon Lence cot is also very breathable, which makes it ideal for comfort even during hot days.
Last but not least
- This cot comes with all the essentials for outstanding performance.
- It’s our lightest cot at a mere 4.1 pounds while the dimensions are 74.8 in x 27.5 in x 6.7 in
- The 7075 aluminum alloy material in this cot is also worth a good look, as it is both heavy-duty and very durable.
- Then there’s the 420D polyester fabric that adds to the sturdy construction of this cot, making it capable of supporting up to 350 lbs.
This cot comes with a remarkable 100% money-back lifetime guarantee making it a risk-free investment into a comfortable piece of gear so you can enjoy some comfortable sleep off the ground.
Check out the review I did on this cot here at Moon Lence Camping Cot.
Simply My Favorite: Byer Of Maine Easy Cot
Why: I have used this cot on many occasions and find it to be super comfortable and quiet. As the name suggests it is an easy cot to assemble and with a quick set-up so you don’t have to waste time at the end of a busy day.
Strong and stable frame with a comfortable sleeping surface that is capable of carrying 330 lbs, and keeping you well off the ground the Byer of Maine will provide you all you need in a camp bed.
Best For Tent Camping: Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
Why: Here is a very reliable and strong cot with a coil suspension design, a covered foam mattress pad, and a solid frame. This cot is built for anyone serious about sleeping in comfort.
The height is just right for getting into and out of the cot, and it also allows you to place gear under the cot for storage which is always a benefit.
Best For A Tall Person: Coleman Pack-Away Camping Cot
Why: You can’t help but love the strong and durable frame in these cots. Made with a sturdy and stable steel frame, this cot is ideal for people up to 300 pounds in weight. plus it can work well for tall people up to 6 ft 8 inches.
This is a cot that you can easily set it the way you want it, whether you want to sleep, sit, or relax in a reclining position this cot will hold you solid and comfortable with ease to give you the best rest.
Best Capacity: TETON Sports Outfitter Camping Cot
Why: This great all-around cot sets up easily and quickly to give any camper the best outdoor bedding in just a few seconds. plus this cot will have you sleeping soundly just as quick.
A removable canvas shell makes cleaning super easy. And a large size makes it great for everyone no matter the size up to 400 pounds. the steel cross leg assembly design further strengthens this cot to give you the most secure surface.
Buyers Guide How To Choose The Best Camping Cot
Portability is of the essence when it comes to taking your cot along whether on camping or other outdoor trips, equipment is heavy and not always easily carried to a campsite.
However, while most typical family camping trips are done with a vehicle the weight and size are not always super important.
Some camping cots pack down into very small and manageable sizes with a weight of just a few pounds each thus making their portability very good.
Transporting to and from the camping destination becomes very easy and not a problem to have three or four of these cots together in your equipment, one for each family member.
Getting to your campsite late in the day after an exhausting journey from home the last thing you want to be doing is spending large amounts of time assembling bits and pieces of equipment to set up your camp.
You will need to erect the tent or shelter, organize the cooking area, and set up the stove or grill, as well as the sleeping arrangements.
To help minimize the time needed, be sure your equipment is all easy to put together and have a bit of a plan on how you are going to attack this task.
The assembly of your stuff needs to be a breeze, the same goes for your cot and bedding just unpack it from the carry bag, fold it out, and spread a mat or mattress on it and you’re ready to lay down.
If you are out shopping for a camping cot that you want to be able to rely on for many years, then the durability of the cot would be an important consideration.
Look for a cot that is well built and has the features you need, strong steel construction and comfortable but durable material makes for a very durable product.
This one would make an ideal option for a cot that will give you many years of service. These are generally built for outdoor use, this is where we tend to use them the most so they have to be able to stand the elements.
However, with a good quality camping cot, you can still find it handy indoors as well as a spare bed when family and friends drop by.
Store them in their carry sack in a dry place and they will be with you for the long haul ready to give you or your family comfort other than a hard floor or rocky ground.
Size is also a factor worth checking into when going for any cot. If your 6feet 6 inches Tall you are going to have to search for a cot that is going to be able to allow you to stretch out otherwise the use of a cot that is too short may not result in a night of very comfortable night sleep.
Not all cots are the same length they come in varying sizes and on this list there are several to choose from, so you should not have a problem finding one that suits you.
For a more stylish, yet ideal cot for the rough outdoors, there are a couple here that could mean all the difference.
The military-style design is truly something you will reckon with, but that’s not all yet. Many of the cots available today comes with many more features that you are sure to find handy.
A combination of benefits that will be different for everyone’s needs. From color variations in the fabric to the bed ends for placing personal items some have book holders or storage pockets for a range of items to be placed into and kept close and safe.
Some are quite tall at around 18 plus inches off the ground while others are short closer to 6 inches high, just remember these shorter cots can be a little more difficult to get into and out of.
Mostly made of steel, or aluminum material the frames of some of these cots are built for heavy lifting, the load-carrying capacity is enormous with some having the ability to carry 400 pounds and more, of course, some of these cots can be quite heavy.
This is not usually a problem for car camping but may be offputting for some as transporting will not be as easy as some more lightweights. The sleeping surface material is usually polyester or canvas and can be as comfortable as any bed.
Your bedding will add more comfort to your cot particularly after you “dress” the cot with a mattress or something similar, and some nice warm blankets. This little arrangement will have you sleeping soundly throughout the night.
Questions and Answers
Question: I need a lightweight cot for overnight camping any recommendations?
Answer: This is an easy answer as there are a couple of good quality options for you. But one very good and very lightweight option is the Moon Lence cot weighing just over 4 pounds.
This is the lightest on our list but certainly not the weakest, this cot has a carrying capacity of 350 lbs so it will hold most of us with ease. The waterproof surface is comfortable and soft and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Question: Can I use any of these camping cots inside my tent, I don’t want to damage the floor?
Answer: Yes absolutely you can, the one that poses the least problems for a tent floor is the Coleman Comforsmart cot that has rounded bar legs that spreads the imprint over a larger surface.
Another idea is to lay a good groundsheet under any cots that have a more pointed foot. Purchase a few simple cheap plastic cups to sit the legs into, maybe some carpet squares under the feet.
With any of these camping cots, you will have a perfect, yet easy-to-carry bed that you can haul to camp with ease. They get the job done pretty well in taking your comfort to another level no matter if you are sleeping miles away from home or just in the spare room.
Ease of use and convenience are the two things you can ever ask for when out in a good camping cot, and these cots are built for that and more. Over to you, This list holds the perfect cot for you, make the right choice, and transform your nights sleeping.
If you have any more questions about the very Best Camping Cots, I’ll be more than happy to answer them in the comments section below.
Remember! Leave it cleaner than you found it, only footprints not rubbish.