Finding the best hiking pants for women can be a difficult task, but it’s really worth the effort when you consider the comfort and convenience that comes with having the right pants for your adventure.
Let’s face it, getting out and about when it comes to exploring the outdoors means having the right gear, but nothing comes close in importance to what you put on when stepping out there.
So, what is it that you need to look for when you finally decide to get a hiking pants? And what are some of the best deals in the business? That’s what this post is all about, so keep reading to make your choice.
Now, let’s get started, shall we?
Note: As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I get a small commission from the seller at no cost to you, and you get a great deal. It’s a win-win, I hope you enjoy my article. Full Affiliate Disclosure Here
Here’s A Quick List Of The Top Pants For Outdoors
|Brand Name||Read My Full Review Here Now||Price|
|1. prAna||PrAna – Women’s Halle Pants For Hiking||Current Price|
|2. Columbia||Columbia Outdoor Boot Cut Casual Pant||Current Price|
|3. Outdoor Research||Outdoor Research Women’s Ferrosi Pants||Current Price|
|4. BALEAF||BALEAF Women’s Hiking Cargo Pants||Current Price|
|5. MOCOLY||MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants||Current Price|
|6. The North Face||The North Face Women’s Aphrodite 2.0 Pant||Current Price|
|7. CRZ YOGA||CRZ YOGA Women’s Stretch Lounge Sweatpants||Current Price|
|8. 5.11 Tactical||5.11 Tactical Women’s Stryke Covert Cargo Pants||Current Price|
|9. Under Armour||Under Armour Women’s Tactical Patrol Pants II||Current Price|
|10. Camii Mia||Camii Mia Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Fleece Pants||Current Price|
|11. Eddie Bauer||Eddie Bauer Women’s Trail Tight Leggings||Current Price|
|12. Adidas||Adidas Originals Women’s Superstar Track Pant||Current Price|
|13. Marmot||Marmot Women’s Lobo’s Convertible Pant||Current Price|
1. PrAna Women’s Halle Pants for Hiking
- Great protection from wet and hot weather alike
- Made of abrasion-resistant durable fabric
- Stretch Zion fabric and roll-up legs design for hiking, biking and more
- a hidden zip stash pocket on the upper right leg
- Articulated knees, as well as a slight boot-leg cut, makes it even more comfortable
- The only downside is that you might need to reinforce sew the front buttons, lest they might eventually fall off.
First impression: Consisting of 97 percent nylon and 3 percent spandex, these pants are designed for anyone who’s expecting to face some nasty wet weather out there.
Its durable fabric makes these pants adventure-ready at any time you might need them, and with the abrasion-resistant construction, you can count on them when taking on the woods.
The fit is also amazing, allowing you to feel good in them, not to mention that they also sport a chic design and neutral colors so you can wear them with just about anything.
There are also other great features as 3 inseams, which include a short, 30-inch, a regular, 32 inch, and a tall, 36 inch. Also, they have a durable water repellent finish, as well as a UPF 50+ protection and to help you stay cool on hot days.
2. Columbia Outdoor Boot Cut Casual Pant
- Made of a combination of 96 percent nylon and 4 percent elastane
- 3-inches high and 10-inches wide
- Built to last even when used in the outdoors
- 2-way comfort stretch and lite materials for easy machine-wash
- Omni-shield design for moisture repulsion and quick drying
- They tend to get looser in the course of the day
First Impression: Here’s another women hiking pants that definitely built with the need for flexibility in mind, which is why it’s a comfortable, and relaxing pant with a short 30-inch or regular 32-inch inseam.
Besides the comfort, this pant also boasts great quality, as it is resistant to harmful UV rays, rain, as well as stains, making them great pants for indoors and outdoors use alike.
An Omni-shield construction resists the absorption of liquids, which allows you to get down and dirty, while your pants stay clean and dry.
Another great feature is the active fit design, with a body-skimming fit that is designed with the end-user in mind for ultimate comfort and flexibility.
3. Outdoor Research Women’s Ferrosi Pants
- Water and wind-resistant
- Quick-drying and very breathable
- A hip security zip pocket as well as backdrop pockets
- Articulated knee design and very stretchy fabric
- An internal waist drawcord, and generously sized
- Super lightweight and soft inside of the waistband
- Apart from the price (although it’s really worth every penny), there’s nothing else to frown upon as far as this one goes
First impression: Here’s another hiking pant that’s designed for ultimate comfort, and it is a lightweight gear that you’ll definitely feel great in.
It has a movement-mirroring stretch that makes every step easy and comfortable, even when hiking on steep terrain, hunting, fishing, or when used just as casual office wear.
It also has articulated knees that allow better athletic mobility along with the comfort, not forgetting that it also packs in a breathable design that is great for use in hot weather.
Then there are drawcord cuff closures 4. that help keep out dirt, mud, and debris, along with a water-resistant material that is great for wet weather.
The other great perks that you get with this pant include its UPF 50+ sun protection, a brushed tricot-lined waistband, and a metal shank button closure.
4. BALEAF Women’s Hiking Cargo Pants
- 4-way stretch fabric offers great freedom of movement
- reliable protection from harmful UV rays for ultimate durability
- Functional, convenient pockets for your handy items
- Breathable enough to keep you feeling fresh all-day
- Machine washable, making the cleaning a breeze
- Would be great with a little more room around the thighs and butt
First impression: If you really want pants that will allow you to take on the outdoors, then this should be the one to go for.
Made of a combination of 90 percent polyester and 10 percent spandex, it is a breathable and yet water-resistant pants that keeps you cool throughout the day.
Besides, it features a stretch-woven fabric with a built-in UPF 50+ protection from UV rays, not to mention that it also has up to four zip-closure security pockets that allow you to enjoy a bit of convenience when it comes to carrying some stuff with you.
An elastic waist is fitted with a drawstring, allowing you to set the fit just right. Then there are articulated knees that make your pants a perfect fit.
you’ll also love the adjustable cord lock in the cuffs, which is great for keeping bugs out when hiking in the undergrowth.
5. MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants
- Sun protection design ensures durability
- It is breathable and lightweight for intense outdoor activities
- Adjustable drawstring waistband for a comfortable fit
- Versatile outdoor pants for just about any adventure
- Convenient pockets for small items
- Smooth YKK zippers for convenience
- The zippers might not be very lasting
First impression: If you are looking for some reliable pants that you can bring along on your outdoor adventure, then these MOCOLY pants could be the ideal choice for you.
Why do we love them? A number of reasons, really! One being the 90 percent polyester and 10 percent Elastane combination that makes it lightweight, stretchy, and of course, breathable.
Not forgetting, it’s also sufficiently water-resistant, and a moisture-wicking fabric to keep you feeling cool and fresh throughout a day’s hike. An impressive built-in UPF 50+ sun protection helps offer the much-needed longevity.
And a 4-ways stretch fabric delivers the ultimate comfort as well as mobility when you are active in the outdoors. We also loved such features as the adjustable drawstring waistband that offers a snug and adjustable fit.
Then there are YKK zipper-closure pockets that are deep enough to hold your phone, wallet, or even keys. Besides, it comes with an adjustable cord lock that is built around the cuffs, which helps keep bugs out.
6. The North Face Women’s Aphrodite 2.0 Pant
- Convenient drawstring closure for the desired fit
- FlashDry construction makes it a great pant for the outdoors
- Zip pocket for secure storage
- Lightweight pants that you will enjoy wearing all-day
- Durable fabric makes this pant ideal for outdoor use
- The only downside is that things tend to slip out of the pocket when pulling the pants down to use the washroom
First impression: The North Face is a popular brand among outdoor lovers for their collection of great outdoor gear, but does this pant live up to the company’s reputation?
The quick-drying design of this pant is the one thing that makes it worth wearing when stepping out into wet weather. And that’s not all, it’s also very lightweight, making it a great choice for an all-day adventure.
It also has a standard fit with a leg-skimming fit and a 2×2 wide rib-knit waistband for comfort. Then there’s the stretch drawcord on the leg openings, so you can adjust the height of your pants to get that personalized fit.
A front pocket, as well as a zip pocket, offer the much-needed convenience when it comes to carrying along with a few small items.
It also has a drawstring closure that gives a reliable fit and adjustment capabilities to achieve the desired fit.
7. CRZ YOGA Women’s Stretch Lounge Sweatpants
- Conveniently deep pockets for your small items
- Ultra-stretch fabric makes it very comfortable
- Elastic waistband and drawstring for a customized fit
- Lightweight enough without being thin
- Versatile enough to be worn for work, travel or outdoors
- Would be great with some zippers that would hold the pockets closed
First impression: Although these pants are built for use in the outdoors, they are very flexible to allow you to use them even for yoga and other sporting activities.
With an elastic waist and drawstring, this pant delivers decent coverage and comfort, no more worries about dig-in discomfort or loosening pants. It’s also worth mentioning that the waist is mid-rise on this one.
It also features a combination of 70 percent polyamide and 30 percent spandex or 75 percent polyamide, and 25 percent spandex, making it a strong pant for the outdoors.
What’s more, the fabric is very stretchy and wrinkle-free, which is a big plus when it comes to comfort, flexibility and looks. Not forgetting, it’s also super lightweight, but without being too thin, and has a remarkably cozy feeling.
Then there are side pockets that are not only handy but also deep enough to put your hands, wallet, keys or even phone.
8. 5.11 Tactical Women’s Stryke Covert Cargo Pants
- More than enough pockets for your small items
- Tough, ripstop fabric for durability
- A fixed waistband for a snug fit
- Articulated knees that allow you to fit in a knee pad
- The reinforced design offers better mobility all day long
- Major seams and stress points have strong construction
- It’s a bit tight around the thighs
First impression: Made of 63 percent polyester and 37 percent cotton, it’s one of the cozy hiking pants out there. But is that all there is to this one?
Well, it seems it still has more to offer, especially with the Teflon-treated fabric that gives it a protective finish that is resistant to soil stain, as well as moisture, while still keeping it very breathable. Not forgetting, this too makes the cleaning of your pants super easy.
Besides, it has a Flex-Tac ripstop fabric that makes it both sturdy and flexible enough for ultimate performance in the outdoors. The crotch is also fully gusseted, with a fitted appearance for maximum flexibility, and ensures a comfortable fit without the worry over.
It also has up to 12 pockets, including double-reinforced ones and front pockets, giving you ample storage and easy access to your handy gear.
9. Under Armour Women’s Tactical Patrol Pants II
- Made with polyester material that makes it breathable and cozy
- the rip-stop fabric ensures durability
- Anti-odor technology keeps your pant smelling fresh
- Handy pockets with secure flap closure
- Additional cargo pockets on the sides with sewn-in elastic band
- These pants tend to run at least one size small
First impression: For yet another pant that could make your outdoor adventure a little more fun, you should check out this Under Armour one.
It’s 100 percent polyester fabric helps wick away sweat and moisture, and dries really fast, helping keep you dry even during extreme exercise and wet days.
An anti-odor technology further helps prevent any growth of odor-causing microbes, ensuring that your pants stay fresh. Not forgetting, it also has a durable ripstop fabric, which can take on some serious beating from the environment and long times of continuous use.
you will also love the open hand pockets that this pant comes with, which actually have secure flap closures that you’ll definitely find handy. And cleaning is easy, thanks to the machine wash design of these pants, so you can explore without any worries.
10. Camii Mia Women’s Outdoor Waterproof Fleece Pants
- Can be machine or hand-washed, your call!
- It is solidly water-resistant, making it ideal for wet conditions
- Very comfortable, and the fit is just about right
- Knee patches for much-needed protection
- Sufficient pockets for your small items
- Keep in mind that this is a slim-fit pant, so if you want a bit of more room make sure to go about one size up
- If you are not a fan of “high waist” pants, this might not be the one for you
The first impression: From Camii, here’s another pant that’s made of a combination of nylon and spandex to give you the best of comfort and performance.
With the 97 percent nylon and 3 percent spandex, this pant keeps you dry while still maintaining its breathability to ensure you don’t feel uncomfortable in it.
Besides, it boasts a number of pockets, including 2 front slant pockets, as well as 2 back pockets, which are very convenient when it comes to keeping those handy items within reach. What’s more, it has 2 knee patches, which are great for that additional protection that you’ll definitely need while out there.
The surface layer is almost waterproof, so you can be sure you’ll stay dry in this one, while the inner layer is made of fleece, making it very comfortable on your legs.
Not forgetting, this pant also packs in other great features such as the flexibility to either hand wash or machine wash it, solid stitching, and stretchy, soft fabric.
11. Eddie Bauer Women’s Trail Tight Leggings
- Made with a great combination of materials
- Generous pockets for secure keeping of your items
- Supportive High-rise style
- Power mesh band for a comfortable, convenient fit
- When running or engaging in rigorous activity, you might have to pull it up quite frequently
First impression: As our list rolls right on, it’s time to meet another hiking pant that delivers a combination of comfort and convenience thanks to its blend of polyester and spandex material.
But the one thing that really caught our attention in this one is the power mesh waistband, which offers a reliably secure fit that helps keep your pants in place. The supportive, high-rise style gives it a combination of supportive and figure-flattering touch, which is a big plus.
Then there’s the combination of 80 percent polyester and 20 percent spandex, which makes it a tough outdoor pant that you can count on for a fair number of hikes and other activities.
There are also the angled side pockets, which sport chafe-free zips for protection. Not forgetting, you’ll also love a hidden waistband pocket at your right hip, where you can toss important items such as keys or ID among others.
12. Adidas Originals Women’s Superstar Track Pant
- Made of polyester material for ultimate comfort
- An elastic enclosure gives it a snug fit
- It is snug around the hips and thighs too
- A great stylish look that makes it look outstanding
- Also features pockets that you can zip up when needed
- It is a bit too long and can be too tight around the thighs for some
First impression: It is tough, it is comfortable, and it is built for the outdoor lady, this Adidas track pant goes the distance to keep you cozy and looking classy.
Made of 100 percent polyester, this pant is designed to maintain an authentic detail, along with the sport-inspired style that can be easily recognizable.
A slim-fit design along with sleek tricot allows it to offer that great accentuation that brings out that great look. Besides, it has an elastic closure that you’ll definitely love, and a slim fit that is snug around the hips and the thighs region. It measures 14 inches wide and 0.7 inches high.
The measurements are 14 inches wide and 0.7 high, and it is machine wash, so cleaning doesn’t have to be a concern.
13. Marmot Women’s Lobo’s Convertible Pant
- DWR finish allows you to get down and dirty
- Zip fly along with a snap closure for a great look and more flexibility
- A bottom hem zip opening offers easy on or off
- Machine wash design makes cleaning your pants super easy
- runs true to size, with the waist measuring 29-inch outseam and 39 inches inseam
- The fabric catches flint and pet hair with ease
- The pockets would be great with zippers
First impression: To wind up our list, here’s another one from Marmot, a company popular among outdoor lovers thanks to their quality products, but does this pant live up to the hype?
Perhaps the last thing that will catch your eye is the material, which consists of a combination of 94 percent nylon and 6 percent elastane, making it very breathable, thus allowing you to feel comfortable in it.
Moreover, the material is lightweight, and quick-drying, which makes it ideal for wet conditions. Not forgetting, it’s also abrasion-resistant. What’s more, the pant boasts UPF 30 fabrication that is great for protecting your skin and protecting UV A and B rays.
It also has a DWR finish that sheds water easily. But the real bit that makes this paint worth the money is the waist, which features interior waist adjusters, a brushed tricot lining and belt loops that you might need.
There are also pockets, which include a two zip hand pocket, a zip rear pocket, as well as a cargo zippered pocket too.
There’s also an inseam gusset that gives you the ability to enjoy a range of movement. Not to mention the articulated knees, and a zipper connection that allows you some flexibility if you want to change your pants into a Capri.
Our Top Picks
Best Casual Everyday Pants – Columbia Outdoor Boot Cut Casual Pant
Best Budget Cargo Pants – MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants
Best Yoga Sweat Pants – CRZ YOGA Women’s Stretch Lounge Sweatpants
Questions and Answers
Question: How to select the right women hiking pants for me?
Answer: There are many factors that you need to be on the lookout for when deciding which women hiking pants to choose from. From the fit to the material, pockets, waterproof performance and many more. you just need to be keen to make sure you don’t get a pant that you can’t count on when out there.
Question: What size should I choose when shopping for hiking pants?
Answer: Size is of the essence when selecting the right hiking pant for your outdoor adventure. Making a mistake here could mean ending up with a pant that you won’t feel comfortable in, or one that won’t give you the look you want.
Question: How to choose the right hiking pant material?
Answer: Most outdoor hiking pants for women feature different materials. Some are made of spandex, polyester, and nylon among others. This determines the comfort and performance of your hiking pant, so it’s important that you get one that really gets the job done.
Question: Is a machine wash hiking pant better than a hand wash one?
Answer: Whichever works for you, go for it! The good thing is that you can find pants that are hand washable, while others are machine wash, but there are also some that give you the flexibility you need as they can be washed either by hand or machine, so the choice is yours actually.
What To Look For When Buying
The material of your pants is very crucial, you need to get a pants with solid material that offers you an unmistakable combination of comfort and performance. As much as you want waterproof pants, they shouldn’t be uncomfortable to be in. Also, you don’t want to sacrifice durability for comfort, so make sure to get a hiking pants with the right material that can offer you the best of both worlds.
While venturing out, it is very important that you bring along a few handy items that you might need along the way such as a compass, watch, map and others. So having pants with a pocket could make a great deal of difference.
The waist is also every bit as important, as this determines how fitting your pants could get. If it’s too large, you might have a hard time getting it snug enough. Get one that’s too tight, and it will definitely be uncomfortable
Zippers make a great addition to your pants, they help make the pockets safer for your items. After all, you don’t want to find out at the end of your hike that you lost something that you really need. However, it’s crucial that the zippers be solid enough to last you a long time. Not forgetting, they should also deliver a smooth performance.
Shopping for any outdoor outfit is never an easy fit, it takes very keen consideration of all the factors that really matter. Thankfully, this post puts together not only everything you need to look out for, but also some of the best picks on the market.
Now that you know what to go for when stepping out to get your hiking pant, you can step on the market with confidence and make the right choice. Go for it, and bring out that awesome combination of great feel, elegant look, and durability.