Within this guide, you will find the best portable grill to take with you on any camping trip or adventure in the woods and beyond. Nothing quite beats gathering the family at a campsite, the beach, the backyard any other outdoor gathering to enjoy a feast.
As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I earn a small commission, you get a great deal. It’s a win-win. As the owner and editor of this site, I hope you enjoy this top-rated product review. Full Affiliate Disclosure Here
Starting with one of the best
1. Weber Liquid Propane Grill
This grill takes a very high position in our list for good reasons. Not only is it built to last you a long time, but it also comes with an exciting range of features that are worth checking out.
The stainless steel burner delivers an excellent 12,000 BTU an hour. This is enough to heat up to a 280 square-inch cooking area.
Its material is also exciting, with the cooking grates encompassing of porcelain-enameled cast-iron. The lid and body are also made of outstanding cast aluminum material.
- What’s more, you don’t have to struggle with the assembly, this grill comes assembled right off the bat. So the hassle of going through the assembly process isn’t something you are likely to worry about.
- The start is as incredible too, thanks to a super-fast electronic ignition. And that’s not all yet; you still have control valve settings that put you in ultimate charge of your cooking
Besides, it also comes with foldable side tables to place food and utensils as well. Read the full review here Weber Q 2200 Grill
2. Solaire Portable Infrared Gas Grill
Next in the list of the best portable grill is yet another incredible option for every outdoor lover.
Made in the USA It has what it takes when it comes to the construction, and the array of features will blow you away.
First things first, the easy ignition in this grill definitely stands out. All it takes is just the push of a button to get it working. So if you are out to get a timesaving, convenient grill, then this could be a worthy option.
- Then there’s the propane cylinder. Mostly, the grill comes with a 1-pound cylinder. However, it can still work with a larger tank if that’s what caters to your needs.
For an ideal grilling space, you need equipment that can get you covered. With up to 140 square inches of space, this one has a nice size cooking surface.
Besides, it also comes with a plethora of other features like a robust 14,000 BTU infrared performance and stainless steel burner, and a 15-pound lightweight design, read more here on the Solaire Portable Infrared Grill
3. Napoleon Portable Propane Grill
If you are looking for a grill with a difference, then this one will take you there. Not only does it pack in double burner functionality, but it also comes with several other exciting features too.
Its robust burner output is something to reckon with. Clocking as high as 12, 000 BTUs. This grill packs in enough punch to get your lunch ready in minutes.
Not forgetting, the burners feature stainless steel, ideal for direct as well as indirect grilling. The cooking grids also have something more to offer.
- Made of porcelain zed cast iron, these grids offer a much-needed consistency and even heat distribution.
- Another thing you will come to love about this grill is the spacious cooking areal.
- At up to 285 square inches, this space is enough to prepare a meal for a small family.
Its setup is as easy as it is fast. This is all thanks to the grill’s compact design, which allows an easy time when locking the lids and folding the legs into position.
4. Cuisinart CGG-180 Portable Grill
For a portable grill with a wide 160-square inch cooking space, this could be your best bet. And as it turns out, the vast grilling space is not the only thing; it also has a collection of exciting features too.
To get started, ease of use is of the essence when it comes to grilling. Well, with the ability to use this one at an ideal height, it proves crucial for users of virtually any height.
It boasts a robust 5,500 BTU stainless steel burner. It delivers the power needed to get almost any food you are out to grill well cooked. Don’t let its small size fool you; this grill cooks as evenly as some as the other large ones out there.
- You will also love the easy setup and pack away that you can get with this grill.
- The integrated lid lock keeps its lid in place, making it super easy to set up or pull down. All it takes is a few seconds to get you going.
Talking of the portability, you are going to fall in love with the design as well as the ease that comes with carrying this grill around. The briefcase design handle and a lightweight 17-pound make mean you can have an easy time taking the Cuisinart Petit with you.
5. Char-Broil Classic 280 Grill
Char-Broil grill? Then this one might be for you. It has a fair share of outstanding features too, of course, the first thing you are sure to notice about this grill is that it’s a gas grill.
The difference with this model is some Char-Broil units are charcoal grills I think Gas is far more convenient. Another great thing about it is the easy setup.
Moreover, heat-resistant handles make it not only safe but also easy for you when handling it in and after use.
The construction is yet another thing you cannot overlook. Thanks to a quality steel and high-tempered finish, this grill is built for the long haul, with unbeatable durability.
- A large grilling space is also something to go for in this grill.
- With up to 280 square inches of cooking surface, you have enough space to prepare enough meals for any size family.
Not forgetting, its grates are as great too. With a porcelain coated construction, the heat distribution of these grates offers for an evenly cooked meal. Then there’s the aspect of durability too. Piezo ignition adds a winning final touch to a really nice grill
6. Char-Broil S/Steel Portable Grill
Let’s see one of the best portable gas grills in town. It definitely stands out with the stainless steel construction. But that’s just the start, there’s still a whole lot to this grill.
The very first aspect that truly stands out in this grill is the heat-resistant handles. These are sure to keep your hands safe from burns.
Then there are the durable wire grates too. Made of stainless steel, these are icons of robust performance and durability.
- You get what you pay for when it comes to grills, and this feature truly offers good value for money.
- With the ideal size and weight, this grill is also easily portable.
- From tailgating to camping at the beach, parties, or having a great time in the backyard, this grill will go with you.
Its cooking area is also something to reckon with. A vast 200 square inches of space is enough to give you an easy time while prepping and cooking your meals on this beauty.
Some final exciting features include a latch top, a slide-out grease tray, as well as a regulator for keeping the tank valve safe from debris.
7. Blackstone Table Top Portable Grill
Next comes yet another impressive grill, which is worth every penny too. Its convenience and portability are definitely worth going for, but the detail is in its array of features.
First things first, the igniter is something worthwhile when shopping for any gas grill. And with this one featuring an electric igniter, getting the fire going is always a snap.
Once it is lit and ready to go, this grill throws in yet another magic. It heats pretty fast and evenly too. Thanks to the stainless steel “H” shape burner, the heat distribution is quite even. And with up to 12,000 BTU heat output, you can bet things are going to get quite heated.
- But the ignition is not the only thing that stands out about this grill.
- That’s not all, an inbuilt grease catcher proves handy enough when it comes to keeping the gas valve safe from any debris.
- And even with that in place, it goes further to make things easier for you with easy cleanup. All you need to do is wipe off the griddle using a paper towel.
A spacious cooking surface is yet another great addition to this grill that you can hardly overlook. Offering up to 260 square inches of space, this grill does the trick when it comes to versatility and heavy-duty use.
8. Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Grill
You know you are in for lots of fun with grilling when you lay your hands on the right machine for the job. Well, the Royal Gourmet gives you every reason to take the party to a new level with a wide array of exciting features.
You’ve got to love this! To begin with, this grill comes with up to 3 burners that you can control separately.
Each of these delivers 9,000 BTU power. These add up to an incredible 27,000 BTU cooking power. For a top-of-the-line grilling, you need to try this machine.
- You can count on its 316 square inches of the cooking area; you will have ample space for all your prepping and cooking.
- Besides, the cleanup is also a breeze, which only takes warm soapy water and a paper towel. I
Durability is crucial in grilling, and that’s where the robust stainless steel control panels in this one come into the picture. Along with a Piezo ignition system, the Royal Gourmet Gas Grill gives you all the control right on the tips of your fingers.
Above all, its flat top features a non-stick porcelain enamel, which helps retain heat evenly. Hence, cooking tender meat becomes super easy. And the time for cleaning comes, the non-stick feature kicks in to save the day.
9. Weber Go-Anywhere Gas Grill
When planning for that ideal getaway, one of the things that can really lift the spirits is having your breakfast, lunch, and dinner sorted.
Well, there’s virtually no better way to take care of that than having the right grill on tow. And this one comes with a range of features that make it one of the best portable gas grills to bring onboard.
All it takes is just a push of the button to get 6,500 BTU per hour of raw cooking power flowing through the stainless steel burners. Now, that’s quite easy, isn’t it?
- With a large 160-square inch cooking area, you can count on it for convenience.
- For an ideal heat distribution and keep flare-ups at bay, this grill has yet another secret. Its grates feature porcelain-enameled stamped steel.
Most important of all, plated steel legs keep the grill standing on different types of terrain. What’s more, you can easily pivot them and lock the lid in space for super-easy portability.
10. Giantex Tabletop Gas Grill
Almost any grill out there can get the job done. But it takes a robust one to take the experience a notch higher with efficiency and convenience.
This Giantex packs in more than enough punch to transform your barbecuing, and comes with many impressive features also.
The first thing that’s sure to catch your eye is the whooping 20,000 BTU cooking power of this grill.
You can thank its push-and-turn ignition for the easy start, but the power is very good.
- Its burners also offer something worth checking out as well, you can independently adjust its burners according to your needs.
- And made of 430 stainless steel, this grill has what it takes to last you for years.
- A lightweight construction also adds to the portability and makes storage a breeze too.
- But that’s just part of it, as the cleanup is also super easy and fast too.
For ultimate portability, the foldable design ensures you can bring the grill with you virtually anywhere you want. You can simply fold the legs and lock the lid, and you are ready to hit the road.
Buyers Guide To Choosing The Best Portable Grill
The brand name means everything to a lot of people as some big names have been around for a long time and are proven quality builders of fine equipment, with this being said, you will find that a lot of the time you will pay a premium for the privilege of owning this equipment.
Sometimes it is worth this extra cost to purchase a product that comes with a proven brand name, however, this is not always the case often you can get reliable and good quality products at a much lower cost.
It’s important to do your research, ask questions, and check reviews to make sure you are outlaying the right amount of money for the item that suits your needs best.
Heat Output BTU
The British Thermal Unit, BTU is a traditional unit of heat, it is defined as the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1 pound of water by 1 degree Fahrenheit.
The heat output on these grills differ and offer a slower or faster cooking option so depending on your individual circumstances and requirements and also the size and design of a particular grill will determine the optimum BTU needed to cook certain food.
This is always a high consideration when camping or being outdoors away from the home with mobile equipment or gear we transport from one place to another most of us don’t own a great big truck so we have to be aware of what we pack for that outdoor adventure.
Being lightweight and portable is important as most camping is done using the family vehicle and overloading a vehicle can be very dangerous.
Some of these grills have a very light overall weight and a few are quite heavy so choose wisely the equipment that suits you both for functionality and portability.
Good quality portable gas grills have something for everyone. All it takes is finding the one that best fits your needs and style. Forget about the portability issues, these grills are built with that necessity in mind.
Even more exciting is the robust cooking power they pack in as well as the ease of use and cleaning. Taking the party outdoors has never been more fun.
With any of these grills, all you need is to have a few friends or family, your food, and the grill. That’s about all it takes to get the party started.
So which one will it be? A number of these grills qualify to be the best portable grill for this year, it’s just a matter of taste and preference. Go for the one that best fits your choice. Outdoor grilling just got much better and far more delicious.
Best Small Grill: Cuisinart CGG-180 Portable Grill
Best Tabletop: Weber Liquid Propane Grill
Best Overall: Royal Gourmet 3-Burner Grill
Remember, leave it cleaner than you found it, only footprints not rubbish