The best folding tables for camping are available on this list and a good folding table is really a must-have item in your camping equipment.
There are a variety of them and a portable folding table will present the camping enthusiasts with an opportunity to enjoy their adventure with a little more comfort.
Check out my video below where I give you a look at my favorite table and remember, that you can’t sit and enjoy your dinner at a table that you didn’t bring along.
Buyers Guide How To Choose The Best Folding Camp Table
Many campsite activities revolve around the dining table, so if you don’t have the room or need for a large table, look for a good quality one from the extensive range of folding tables for camping available online.
The ability of some of the tables to last many years is a testament to the rust-resistant materials used in their manufacture.
Some manufacturers choose to use only quality steel frames and components giving the end product durability that makes the purchase much easier as the table is probably not going to need to be replaced anytime soon.
Lightweight and Portable
Carrying a large dining table to a camping site may, be bulky, and bring some inconvenience while moving.
But with foldable, compact, and lightweight camping tables, this task is made easier and convenient.
Within this list, you will find some of these tables weigh as little as 3 pounds up to 20 pounds and more.
If you have to carry it some distance a super lightweight table will give you the benefits but not the pain in the back.
They came in many designs and sizes and there is one available that fits your needs and circumstances
Are there just the two of you? or is it for a larger group? The size difference is enormous some are six feet long while some are just big enough for two dinner plates and two glasses.
So, determine what your needs are, and how will you get it where you need it and how many people will be using it at once. There are plenty to choose from so you will certainly find a table which is the perfect size for you.
Mostly, construction of these tables is by using aluminum alloy some are steel but all frames are made from metal to give them good strength and load-carrying capacities while the tops can be resin, plastic, wood, or aluminum sheet.
Some of the super lightweight models suitable for carrying long distances are constructed using fabric to give them the ability to fold up into very small parcels of very lightweight proportions.
When setting up a campsite we now almost always have our tablet or iPad with us so we need somewhere to use these plus it offers a chance for the kids to play board games or their devices.
To sit and enjoy a coffee with your partner, and playing cards require a nice flat surface so a small table just gives that extra level of convenience when your camping out.
There have been vast improvements in design and manufacture they are no longer bulky and cumbersome but lightweight and very portable and a great addition to our equipment.
No need having to worry about weight being a problem in the vehicle, small compact, and convenient tables to help make your outdoor adventure more comfortable.
Here Are My Top 12 Foldable Camping tables
Lifetime 4428 Height Adjustable Folding Table.
Great features include the adjustable height, which you can set up to three levels; 24 inches, 29 inches, and 36 inches depending on your preference.
It makes for a great choice when the kids are joining in for a meal, or if you just like a bit of room to move.
This is my personal favorite table, I own one and have had it now for several years and it still has plenty of life left in it. Its the one in the video above.
Strong and stable it can be adjusted on the horizontal as well to make one end longer than the other if you on a bit of a slope.
Things to check out
- The tabletop is also quite spacious, measuring 48 inches by 24 inches.
- This is wide enough for up to four people even six to share this table with plenty of room to spare.
- The lower levels are good for sitting at and the higher level is ideal for meal prep.
- Strong powder-coated steel and a high-density polyethylene plastic make this table not only robust but also very durable
- Extremely popular and highly rated this comes with a strong buy recommendation from me
Transportation and storage are very easy as well, as the table folds in half, so you are left with a compact package with a material handle so that you can carry around with ease.
Weighing in at around 19 pounds, it is not the lightest but it is solid and therefore I can treat it a bit roughly without damaging it. Check out my review of the Lifetime Table.
Helinox Table One Hard Top.
Here’s yet another table you have to check out for your outdoor adventures. It’s strong, easy to use, and from a very well known brand.
- Again, it has a wide array of features that make it an ideal option for almost any outdoor activity.
- The compact design makes it ideal for tucking in most car trunks, or in an RV.
- Measuring 23 x 15.5 x 15.5high and with a weight of just 2.1 Pounds, it certainly won’t weigh you down.
This is considered as the easiest foldable table to assemble due to its convenience and ease of use. It is designed in such a way that it has short legs and is closer to the ground which makes it stable and steady. It sets up easily and quickly.
It comes with two inset cup holders to ensure your drinks are safe from any tumble. The top is strong enough to support any light type of cooking utensils like cutlery, and small cooking stoves.
GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table.
This is a relatively small but very convenient table that is portable and light. It has all the features you need when space is at a premium in your set-up.
- It is able to accommodate up to four people which best suits a small family.
- This table is very popular and can be used as a side table between you and your camping colleagues.
- This is a small compact but strong table it can easily support 60 pounds and only weighs around 6 pounds.
This one-piece table is designed with an enhanced technology called the patent-pending squeeze telescoping that makes folding and spreading to be easy
When it comes to portability, this table never disappoints too. While still at it, it’s worth noting that the set up is every bit as easy too as all it takes is folding this table to have it ready. I really like this one.
White Granite Flash Folding Utility Table.
This is a perfect table for outdoor camping that not only folds up but can also be adjusted to a convenient size.
Its legs can be adjusted depending on your need to give you the benefit of using it for different activities. At 24 inches wide x 48 inches long this is a good size small family table.
- At 19 pounds this table is very strong and well build.
- Overall it’s a very good portable camp table.
- With the adjustable height is very convenient it is very hard-wearing and will last a long time.
- It doesn’t fold in half like some, so it remains the 48 inches long which may be a bit of bother otherwise you won’t go wrong with this table.
It is designed with a white granite look plastic top that makes this table to be unique and stain-proof which is easy to clean and wipe.
The white folding utility table is versatile and can be used for outdoor as well as indoor activities. This one is very durable and will give you many years of service
ALPS Mountaineering Dining Table.
Any camping table should never fail in three crucial aspects; strength, ease of transportation and durability. Well, this table goes to great length to offer all of that and much more.
It comes in 3 different sizes that you can choose from once again depending on your needs and the number of people who will be using the table.
Many reasons to own
- This is a collapsible table with an aluminum top that is portable and is light.
- It is designed with an aluminum X-frame that allows seats to be comfortably lined beneath and can accommodate between 2-4 people.
- Whether your playing card games or preparing lunch, this table is easy to set up, quite stable and is able to sustain heavy items while still upright.
It comes with a shoulder bag that is used to carry to make it portable. This table is very convenient with a collapsible system and the square table measures 31 x 31 x 28 weighs 9 pounds.
Goplus Foldable Aluminum Table.
Camping tables are great and fun to use, but transporting one can be a tough challenge unless it’s foldable.
The good news is this one is easy to fold. And that’s not all yet, as it also comes with other impressive features too.
Some more details
- This table is made of aluminum which makes it light and durable. It is able to hold a number of utensils and accommodate 2 people.
- It is portable and comes with a pop-up handle that makes it easy to carry from one place to another.
- The legs are set securely making it relatively hard to tip over accidentally.
It’s premium materials come in as one of the leading features. The top is made of a medium-density MDF covered in rust-resistant lightweight aluminum that’s both solid and good-looking. It also features quality steel frames capable of holding 50 pounds
Redcamp Folding Camping Table.
A combination of ideal material and outstanding design make this table stain-resistant, waterproof, strong, and still reasonably lightweight.
By the way
- Construction uses aluminum alloy, which is every bit as strong and capable of supporting up to 70 pounds, and very durable.
- The set up can’t get any easier thanks to the foldable design, you can set it up or fold it in a matter of seconds.
- What’s more, since it’s also adjustable, you can set the height by adjusting the legs to fit the level that you want.
The highest setting stands at 27 inches, while the low one is at 22 inches, and since this table folds up to a compact size, and being lightweight aluminum it won’t weigh you down.
Weighing only 17 pounds, carrying it around shouldn’t be to big a struggle. And best of all, you get a 1-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
Trekology Portable Camping Side Table.
Such features as the aluminum top, which is weather-resistance, waterproof, robust (capable of supporting up to 50 lbs) and the cleanup is a snap.
- The lightweight aluminum in this table is of aerospace-grade and features a metallic color coating that makes it tough enough for the outdoors.
- The set up is a piece of cake, as you don’t need any tools for this one, a great little camp picnic table.
- The frame simply pops up for use, and then you can fold it as easily.
It also boasts the outstanding hinge design that makes the connection between the frame and the tabletop very robust plus it also comes with a carry bag.
Another feature of this table is the anti-skid rubber legs. These are exactly the type you need if you will be using this table on different types of terrain. So you never have to worry about any surprises or a mess that a moving table could cause.
Coleman Outdoor Compact Table.
Let’s get started with this table’s solid strong frame. Made of robust steel, the frame on this table goes the distance to ensure remarkable support for the table, with the capability of holding up an impressive 100 pounds.
The tabletop is also worth a hard look, built with aluminum slat, cleaning it is always a breeze, just a simple wipe over of the aluminum surface will keep it shiny new.
This might make a difference
- It is not only strong enough to take on quite a beating from frequent use, but it also withstands the rigors of the outdoor with much ease.
- It has all it takes to ensure lasting performance.
- Size really does matter when it comes to tables, and this one pushes the limits on this one with more than enough space for up to four people.
- Standing at 27.5 inches in height, it’s ideal for most users.
And with all the performance, the set up for this table is not a complicated one. Actually, their outstanding snap-together design makes the assembling and folding it up as simple as it can ever get.
Besides, an included storage bag with straps that make the portability, storage, and transportation of your table as easy as it is convenient.
ALPS Mountaineering Camp Table.
This tabletop is constructed with a strong and durable aluminum alloy which is both easy to clean and considerably tough.
Weighing only 6 pounds, it’s so light that even the kids can carry it around. This easy to transport table can be easily stored in the smallest of spaces and having it will give you great convenience.
- This is not what I would take with me on any trip but it is very popular with a high customer rating.
- It comes with a carry bag that adds to its already super-easy portability.
- And then there’s the compact design, which further makes carrying it with you anywhere you are going more of an afterthought than a concern.
This table features a lightweight aluminum metal frame for easy use and longevity.
Lifetime 80160 Commercial Adjustable Folding Table.
When it comes to strength and durability, this table truly lives up to the hype. And even if you want to try it on performance, it’s ready to take on just about anything you have to throw its way.
All these boil down to a number of features such as the robust frame, which features rust-resistant steel with a powder coating. The tabletop is very strong and enduring too, thanks to its UV-protected high-density polyethylene material.
Simple use and maintenance
- This combination makes the table so strong it can support up to 350 lbs without any hassle at all.
- Cleanup is also worth putting into consideration before deciding which table to go for.
- But if this is among your long list of things to look out for, then you don’t need to worry anymore.
With a stain-resistant tabletop, this one is super easy to clean; just wipe it and you are all done.
And you can adjust the height to suit different uses, you can decide whether to set it at 24 inches if you have kids using it, but you can also consider setting it at 29 inches, or 36 inches if you want it very high.
Most importantly, you also get up to a ten-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.
REDCAMP Small Folding Table.
This list wouldn’t be complete without one of the most sought after tables out there; the Redcamp small folding table. It comes with a wide range of impressive features, and here are some of the top ones.
Easy transportation also comes in as one of the most essential decisions to make when going for camp gear for your camping trips.
Let’s start here with more features
- Quality materials make this chair both heavy-duty and lasting at the same time.
- These include a medium-density fiberboard that the tabletop is made of, and the frame and legs feature an undeniably strong material, aluminum alloy.
- Fortunately, with its lightweight aluminum design at only 5.5 lbs and a strong handle, carrying your table anywhere becomes a breeze.
Adjustability is of the essence if you want to enjoy a table you can use with people of all ages, and this one never disappoints.
The excellent aluminum alloy frame you can set the height at 10.2 inches or 19 inches depending on the type of chair you are using or if you are sitting on the ground.
For a risk-free purchase, you get an unconditional 1-year manufacturer warranty, which is a good thing too.
My Personal All-Round Favorite: Lifetime Height Adjustable Folding Table
Best Lightweight Table: GCI Outdoor Compact Camp Table
Best Small Family Table: ALPS Mountaineering Dining Table
My Overall Opinion
Don’t go camping without a table for fear of taking up a lot of space in your car. Choose a convenient foldable camping table that is light and easy to carry and compact enough to fit in with your essential equipment.
This is something you really need if you are an outdoors person, a table that is versatile and can be used for different activities, you can play games, serve food, or use it for enjoying beverages while relaxing outside.
Besides, you can use it for almost all types of outdoor adventures, from camping to tailgating, picnics, on the beach, and much more.
If you have any more questions about the best folding tables for camping, I’ll be more than happy to answer them in the comments section below.
Remember! Leave it cleaner than you found it, only footprints not rubbish.